Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 10:06 AM

Re: Schools close for footie!

And they are fining parents for taking kids out for a few days holiday in term time ? Rather mixed message being given here IMO
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 10:12 AM

I personally do not see the harm apart from legions of mums trying to take time off work.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 11:35 AM

Im wondering if its for the Teachers benefit , perhaps there is some football supporters among the staff .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 11:57 AM

Mind you it is Welsh wales, do you know how long it is since they have been in this position. Rarer than Hens Teeth.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
And if they misbehave, make em watch Emmerdale as punishment too eck with there human rights.

Now listen 'ere young Nom, you're getting an unhealthy fixation about me and Emmerdale and it's got to stop.
Emmerdale doesn't cause me to run riot bashing people's heads in, does it.

I was once married to a football freak and had more than enough of it rammed down my throat to last me a lifetime.
I don't like all the noise, I don't like the behaviour, I don't like the way it takes over every tv channel whether you want it or not, and I don't like the money changing hands and probably lots more if I gave it more thought.
You can't tell me you get all the fights and hooliganism in tennis, rugby, swimming, athletics etc etc, so why have football yobs got this ridiculous mentality?
I don't like it one bit, you'll never change my mind - and that's that! So there!

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:46 PM

There is no such thing as an important football game, the name is in the title it's a b****y game. Personally I abhor the inane hysteria which is generated over these things, which is really just in the name of money ultimately....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:47 PM

The trouble is Mups, if there was no football what would happen to all that testosterone?
They've got to let it out somewhere!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:50 PM

Talking about Emmerdale, why do we have to lose out yet again for football?
Why not put it on a sport channel or ITV 2?
I agree Barry, it's ridiculous letting a game become so important!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The trouble is Mups, if there was no football what would happen to all that testosterone?
They've got to let it out somewhere!

Don't know about that, Tess, all that testosterone probably wouldn't get so out of control in the first place if it weren't for many huge surging crowds of drunken fans egging each other on and baiting each other like half wits in the first place.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Talking about Emmerdale, why do we have to lose out yet again for football?
Why not put it on a sport channel or ITV 2?
I agree Barry, it's ridiculous letting a game become so important!

I hadn't seem Emmerdale for a years until back in the UK at Christmas. I couldn't believe how much makeup everyone had on. Bring back Annie Sugdon

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top