Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 09:20 AM

Re: Lists.

The problems start when you start wondering why you wrote something on a list! Yes I do keep lists.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 09:27 AM

I am just about to start the bigest lists of food for the holiday.

I begin with the menu for the main meals, what is needed and what to buy and when. If I don't I forget half the stuff and we usually stay somewhere remote without shops.

It is amazing how much food 6 people get through in a week and the three little ones eat their weight in fruit .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We give money to our children and grandchildren, who are the only people to whom we give gifts.
Well I hope you don't give me money for Christmas Tara, a nice bottle of after shave or some Jack Daniels would be nice....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 09:43 AM

I have what l call universal lists that l refer to for holidays, shopping, Christmas shopping, picnics, barbecues etc.
I always do a shopping list when l go shopping. If l forget it, l get a bit frantic trying to remember what was on it!
I keep a pen and paper on my bedside cupboard to jot anything down as l remember them before l go to sleep. The light goes on, the light goes off and then on again as l remember things!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 09:45 AM

I make shopping lists and then leave them at home, but at least writing stuff down helps me to remember.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 11:37 AM

I sometimes make lists for stuff I need for work, but not for anything else, the wife does that. I imagine if I lived alone I would have to make lists of things, I couldn't rely on my memory, probably starve to death if I did.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 11:56 AM

I make lists too and shove yellow post-it notes around the place to remind to do something. But I just seem to end up ignoring some of them so a pointless exercise

I've tried to do the 'pros and cons' thing, but there was always stuff on the 'pros' side and barely anything on the 'cons' side. I just go with the flow of something rather than think anything through
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 02:33 PM

What I find odd are those useless people at work (we all know them) that don't make lists and forget everything.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What I find odd are those useless people at work (we all know them) that don't make lists and forget everything.
Or worse the ones that do and still make a pigs ear of it, we used to name them the Klipboard Kids.
senile1
Virginia,USA
senile1 is male  senile1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 02:47 PM

When I keep them in my head, I forget them. If I write a list, I forget where I put it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top