Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 11:27 AM

Re: Why Does No One Bat An Eyelid At An Old Dad?

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I would hate to be a father again at my age. For me, being a father was a full-time job, while doing a full-time job. I was lucky that I had a flexible job and could take the kids to school and pick them up, and, while they were young, work in the evenings when they were asleep. At 68, even though I no longer work, I don't think I would have the energy and patience to be a proper dad to a new baby. Nowadays I much prefer grandparenting!
Yes, Mick but look at the kudos you would get if you were to become a dad now!!
On the other hand, if l were to become a mother now, l would get slated and told it wasn't fair as l would be dead when the child was still young! Don't men die too?!!
Alien
Uk
Alien is male  Alien has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 12:03 PM

I too wonder what a 34 year old sees in a multi millionaire ?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 12:14 PM

In all these cases, with these older geezers, why is the assumption always that, the insemination took place in the traditional fashion.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 12:15 PM

Some men are obviously very lucky & stay fertile & able into an old age, women on the other hand get the change & can only conceive naturally til 40 ish. We weren't meant to have babies as old women. Why men still can be fertile I have no idea.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 12:20 PM

An old farmer friend of mine had his first child when he was 74.
He spoilt that boy rotten because he knew he would never have any more.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Because I'm a man (or at least I was last time I looked, but you can never tell in today's world) this might sound just a tad biased.
Some people on here seem to have arrived at an age where they can contribute to an over 50's forum and yet have not grasped the fundamental principles of reproduction.
So enjoy this brief description concerning the 'Birds and Bees' from Old Grey Fox.

The woman produces an unfertilised egg on a monthly basis (other cycles are available) If it's not fertilised by the male sperm it will break up and be discharged.
However, if it is fertilised (Which is the preferred part of the cycle that men like) then the man will have no further part in it's development (until it's born that is) so the womans body will have to incubate the fertilised egg until birth, which will hopefully occur some nine months later.

It is imperative that the womans body should be in perfect condition and provide the growing fetus all the nutrients it requires to grow into a fine example of the human species. It is therefore essential to produce offspring while the womans body is in the most active time of her life; this is a very small window of opportunity indeed.

This my friends is why men can produce offspring until the day they die - even longer in the event that spurn has been kept in a sperm bank for use later. But if the mans sperm is not in good condition or contains some hereditery abnormality and the woman goes beyond the window of opportunity they could produce sub standard examples of humans and so should be avoided.
Thank you OGF for that wonderful biology lesson, now I will give you the opportunity to see things through a woman's eyes.
If men only indulged in the activities you mentioned, in order to produce babies, I suspect that evolution would have made them infertile a lot sooner. I appreciate that women also enjoy this activity but I have never been sure why they have to do all the work afterwards. As women are now equal I suggest that all nappy changing and bottle feeding should be shared equally and you take turns, on a daily basis, to look after the child during the night.
As the baby gets a bit older, and playing with them can be fun, I would like to suggest that men frequently give up this fun time with them and allow the mother to step in while the father cooks, cleans and does the washing.
If these rules applied I wonder how many men would be wanting to produce babies at such a late age.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thank you OGF for that wonderful biology lesson, now I will give you the opportunity to see things through a woman's eyes.
If men only indulged in the activities you mentioned, in order to produce babies, I suspect that evolution would have made them infertile a lot sooner. I appreciate that women also enjoy this activity but I have never been sure why they have to do all the work afterwards. As women are now equal I suggest that all nappy changing and bottle feeding should be shared equally and you take turns, on a daily basis, to look after the child during the night.
As the baby gets a bit older, and playing with them can be fun, I would like to suggest that men frequently give up this fun time with them and allow the mother to step in while the father cooks, cleans and does the washing.
If these rules applied I wonder how many men would be wanting to produce babies at such a late age.
Oooh Twink, you're a hard woman, you are!!
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 03:56 PM

I would not want kids at my age thanks very much. I had the 'snip' when I was 35 because it was easier for me than Mrs H but that is not the way it turned out unfortunately. Not a story to be recounted so close to Teatime but suffice to say, I wish I never volunteered.
If I could have kids at 70 plus I would not, who wants to miss them growing up, leaving School and getting on in the World, which he probably will.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-05-2016, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye ->
I would not want kids at my age thanks very much. I had the 'snip' when I was 35 because it was easier for me than Mrs H but that is not the way it turned out unfortunately. Not a story to be recounted so close to Teatime but suffice to say, I wish I never volunteered.
If I could have kids at 70 plus I would not, who wants to miss them growing up, leaving School and getting on in the World, which he probably will.
Poor you Hawkey, l would never have made a man l was with have a vasectomy, l think they're cruel! I'm sure it makes men go grey prematurely!!
If l could, l would definitely have a baby now!
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Poor you Hawkey, l would never have made a man l was with have a vasectomy, l think they're cruel! I'm sure it makes men go grey prematurely!!
If l could, l would definitely have a baby now!
Oh I did not go grey, I went blue and if the people who invented them had seen me first, Space Hoppers would have been black and blue, not Orange!

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top