Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2010, 04:35 PM

Re: Mellow Monday thread

Hi all. Happy Summer Solstice to everyone..14+ hours of daylight! Lovely here again, 28 C (83 F), cloudless skies and a nice breeze. Still bone dry, will need to water this afternoon.

We had a mouse! I have no idea why it was in the house with the lovely weather, but it was. I was reading in bed after the late news, heard some thumps and bangs downstairs so went to see what Leia was up to: found her sitting at the foot of the stairs contemplating a very small very dead mouse! Looking quite pleased with herself. That's all my exciting news, no errands, slept in, breakfast on the porch.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2010, 05:44 PM

Evening all-a mixed but over all good day here. Woke up to find my vcr/cd player had died-more expense methinks.

Hey ho,do some gardening and go for a swim. On the way back drop into the local tv shop and get a recon,+delivery and setting up for £50-all today-that`s service.

The other mixed bit-was weeding under an apple tree on my hands and knees when I disturbed some wasps,only one sting thank goodness-and it itches like hell-that was just over an hour ago
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2010, 10:51 PM

Funny that should happen to your cd player O.G., mine conked out on saturday night, the disc is stuck and no matter what I do it won't come out. This is the second one from phillips after they replaced the first.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2010, 11:40 PM

Happend to my Eton a while back. Can anyone recommend a good CD player with audio speakers: hate earphones.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2010, 10:45 AM

Another coincidence, a mouse in the back yard last night. I wont go near the little devils but the wife chased it all around the yard, collared it in a corner and battered it with the sweeping brush.
I never argue with my wife.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

22-06-2010, 04:25 PM

LOL, jemflux, Leia would have been happy to spare your wife the trouble

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top