Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 01:10 PM

Re: Talking to strangers

Yes Val a lot does depend on the community.

This is a small village and most people know of me even if they do not `know me`-he is that chap who sells tomatoes.

I also go out of my way to smile(to people) and fuss any dog that stops at my back gate
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 04:34 PM

I think our community is probably bigger than yours but our kids have grown up here we've walked the dogs for years and like you probably known as various things, hopefully not all bad. we've had kids bring the dog home when he went missing, don't ask! but the dog walking community is mostly known to each other and as that is the same place most of the kids gather, over the beach, I guess to them we're quite familiar by sight. I did find a young lad in Tescos crying his eyes out because he'd lost his dad, no one else bothered to ask if he was okay, I just took him to the service desk. Things like that make me so cross, that isn't being careful that is not caring at all.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 04:45 PM

I do worry sometimes though-about my `strange ways`-we used to have a Rhodesian Ridge Back` in the village and his owner was always careful.

She was suprised to say the least to see me wrestling him with tummy scritches for him and face licks for me.

Dogs (and cats) just know things?
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2010, 06:11 PM

Without a doubt but it can be embarrassing, someone bent down and was talking to Monty in a high pitched ohh what a lovely doggy kind of way.He started growling, I didn't know whether to laugh, apologise or what. I just pulled a face, made a trite comment, oh he's silly and walked on.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top