Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:47 AM

Re: First Impressions

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, but apparently they had quite astonishing accuracy in trials.
Weird aint it.

I do think older people's voices change slightly over the years though.
I think you can definately tell if someone is older from their voice...to me their voices become "weaker"
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, but apparently they had quite astonishing accuracy in trials.
Weird aint it.

I do think older people's voices change slightly over the years though.
Especially, if they have smoked!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I tend to get gut feelings on people. Some, I instantly feel at ease with and can speak to them effortlessly. Others, either my hackles go up or I find them hard work to make conversation with.
Just hearing a voice can be misleading and on meeting them, they are rarely as you envisaged them!
Im the same on that Art
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I think you can definately tell if someone is older from their voice...to me their voices become "weaker"
It's funny you should say that, Aysa. My ex husband had a lovely manly voice. Some months ago, he appeared on television, in a local news report. I couldn't believe how his voice had changed, it was much weaker. I wondered how this could happen?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Especially, if they have smoked!

That is very true Art.
Where I worked, there were two girls there - one cook and one cleaner, and they both had that 'smokers voice.' You can tell it a mile off. They'd go outside and have a good cough - then light up another fag.
I wouldn't want their chest later in life, nor when they get winter colds.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 09:34 AM

I think it is much harder to sum up a person on-line than it is in person. My first impressions of people whom I have actually met are usually not too wide of the mark. However, I have been totally wide of the mark in the impression I have made of people I have met on forums. I have met up with a number of them over the years, and been disappointed, if not shocked, to discover they were nothing like thye way they presented themselves on-line! They were absolutely ghastly people whom I would never have normally had anything to do with in real life. I left the forums forthwith on which I had encountered them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I think it is much harder to sum up a person on-line than it is in person. My first impressions of people whom I have actually met are usually not too wide of the mark. However, I have been totally wide of the mark in the impression I have made of people I have met on forums. I have met up with a number of them over the years, and been disappointed, if not shocked, to discover they were nothing like thye way they presented themselves on-line! They were absolutely ghastly people whom I would never have normally had anything to do with in real life. I left the forums forthwith on which I had encountered them.
I'm surprised at that - know someone long enough on here and they do show their true colours
Very hard to keep up with a pretence surely
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 11:09 AM

On meeting, have always gone on gut instinct and have rarely been wrong.

With forums, we are what we type, and can only be assessed by that .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'm surprised at that - know someone long enough on here and they do show their true colours
Very hard to keep up with a pretence surely
Well I had been on those forums for a long while before I had met up with the people concerned, and they portrayed themselves very differently indeed. A husband and wife team, who owned the forum, had seemed really pleasant, however in reality they were anything but. They constantly b*tched about, and made fun of others member of the forum, especially one person who had mental health problems, whom on line they had appeared to support. It was horrible!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 01:43 PM

It is horrible
Maybe as owners of the forum they couldn't speak their true feelings on members
I still think you learn enough about people on a forum, that's been my experience after 3 years here .............

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top