Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 02:02 PM

Re: The Telegraph

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
They couldn't close down the Telegraph, there would be an uproar......we'd all miss the crossword!
Do you do the cryptic one?
I used to years ago but I've lost the plot now!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Do you do the cryptic one?
I used to years ago but I've lost the plot now!
ruthio, I have a go at it! You have to be in the head of the crossword compiler and know how he thinks!
I don't get the Telegraph these days, my brother in law gives me the newspapers for my hens! I cut out the crosswords and try to finish the cryptic one but he has usually completed it! I like doing the quick crossword in bed before I go to sleep!! He doesn't do the quick one, he says it's below him!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 02:25 PM

Bloomin' cheek!
I do the easy i one most days, the two clues across the top make a phrase it amuses me!
But my real weakness is the enigma puzzles where each letter has a number, I'm a total addict for those!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 06:40 PM

Sorry guys ,did get it wrong .Its the Independant, dont know why I put Telegraph lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 08:43 PM

They couldn't close down the Telegraph, there would be an uproar......we'd all miss the crossword!
Not to mention Alex, far and away the best comic strip I've ever read

He doesn't do the quick one, he says it's below him!!
You mean he sleeps on it, not in some doorway I hope
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2016, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Not to mention Alex, far and away the best comic strip I've ever read

You mean he sleeps on it, not in some doorway I hope
Losos, You're witty!!
I must have a look for 'Alex'! I usually read the news as I am putting the newspapers in the coops! There are some interesting articles too!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top