Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 04:08 PM

Re: On Benefits, Off the Voters Roll..says IDS..

I'm going to see my MP about the WASPI campaign so I will be mentioning this!
He's a tory so, may have to pick him up off the floor when he falls off his chair laughing!
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 05:40 PM

This reminds me of the Community Charge which led to Mrs Thatcher’s fall from power. She objected to people voting in Local Government elections when they did not pay any Rates. She felt that they would support high levels of expenditure since they knew that they wouldn’t be paying for it.

The widespread protests led to a challenge to her leadership of the Conservative Party. I wonder if this will also be that fate of IDS. His ‘brainwave’ seems to be more extreme than hers.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 05:18 PM

And politicians wonder why the British public hold them with such contempt ! The sickening thing is that unless you are of use to them either financially or able to help them up the career ladder, they couldn't care less what your views are with regard to this. I wouldn't give politicians of today the dog poo I inevitably manage to get on the bottom of my shoe !
I'm sorely tempted to put it through his letterbox though
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
And politicians wonder why the British public hold them with such contempt ! The sickening thing is that unless you are of use to them either financially or able to help them up the career ladder, they couldn't care less what your views are with regard to this. I wouldn't give politicians of today the dog poo I inevitably manage to get on the bottom of my shoe !
I'm sorely tempted to put it through his letterbox though
An excellent post !!
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 05:29 PM

This item of 'news' is on Newscrasher -a satirical view of events and not true! I am definitely not a Tory voter or sympathiser but the Newscrasher site asks 'how far fetched do stories about political right wing parties have to be before the electorate question whether they are true or not?' Not very far it would seem!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 09:56 PM

I thought that about removing Attendance Allowance, couldn't possibly be true too cruel and yet...
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2016, 10:13 PM

That is the Tory way, take from those who have very little to line the pockets of those who already have too much.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2016, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Beki ->
This item of 'news' is on Newscrasher -a satirical view of events and not true! I am definitely not a Tory voter or sympathiser but the Newscrasher site asks 'how far fetched do stories about political right wing parties have to be before the electorate question whether they are true or not?' Not very far it would seem!
If this is from a site that prints news that is'nt true then I can only apologise to you all for posting it.
I honestly had no idea it was a load of bull.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2016, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
It's just a sneaky way of taking labour voters of the Electoral Roll .... Good idea !
Obviously a good deal for democracy then, that's what the Tories believe in isn't it? Democracy (as practiced by a load of old Greek blokes - not women). Gove was saying so on the news today, how he believes in democracy (on his own terms of course) and he's always right about absolutely everything. Yep, no opposition and Tories in government forever. That's the way forward. The feudal system really is the way to go isn't it?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
If this is from a site that prints news that is'nt true then I can only apologise to you all for posting it.
I honestly had no idea it was a load of bull.
Roxy have a look at this http://www.newscrasher.com/about/

It's not true although it should worry tories people believe so easily.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top