Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2010, 11:18 PM

Re: Moaners unite

Only time I really moaned was when the Hatchet was PM!! Then the Major disaster and the Vague Hague!! Then I gave up moaning!! Life's too short!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2010, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
If there's nothing we can do about what bothers us, then just stop fretting and enjoy what you have.
Good philosophy Eileen. It reminds me of this saying:

I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2010, 04:07 PM

Excellent, PPH!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2010, 08:10 AM

There are two things in life that we can not do anything about, The weather and Dying so why worry about them?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2010, 10:10 AM

Good one, AB
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2010, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
There are two things in life that we can not do anything about, The weather and Dying so why worry about them?
LOL, you forgot taxes, AB! No matter who we elect the taxes never seem to go down ... nothing we can do about them either
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2010, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL, you forgot taxes, AB! No matter who we elect the taxes never seem to go down ... nothing we can do about them either
I dont really mind the taxes if it helps the country. What I object to is MP's using them when they claim expenses.
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 09:34 AM

It strikes me that people who tell me to be grateful for what I have, enjoy what I have and that my current situation will "make me stronger" are usually those who have a stable roof over their heads, enough to eat and are free from physical and psychological threat.
I don't want to "be stronger" - I want to know that my house will not be re-possessed by the bank leave me penniless as well as jobless, I have NO family to help out and I simply cannot see a way forward. I have been out of work on benefits for THREE years and it appears that my excellent qualifications and experience together with a willingness to drop my salary expectations significantly counts for - nothing! Then I get people telling me that being jobless is a career option that I have opted for!!! No wonder I tried to end it all in September '08!!!!
So, sorry folks, I DO feel I am justified in having a moan!!!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2010, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dalmagirl ->
It strikes me that people who tell me to be grateful for what I have, enjoy what I have and that my current situation will "make me stronger" are usually those who have a stable roof over their heads, enough to eat and are free from physical and psychological threat.
I don't want to "be stronger" - I want to know that my house will not be re-possessed by the bank leave me penniless as well as jobless, I have NO family to help out and I simply cannot see a way forward. I have been out of work on benefits for THREE years and it appears that my excellent qualifications and experience together with a willingness to drop my salary expectations significantly counts for - nothing! Then I get people telling me that being jobless is a career option that I have opted for!!! No wonder I tried to end it all in September '08!!!!
So, sorry folks, I DO feel I am justified in having a moan!!!
Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time Gill. It is easy and glib for people to say things will make you stronger. I count myself lucky being in employment - in fact I do two jobs so I am extra lucky. I took a huge pay cut to do my present job and started to struggle financially - hence the second job to keep my head above water. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to be without work and I am sorry it drove you to such extreme measures a couple of years ago. It must be doubly difficult when you have qualifications that you cannot use and you are prepared to take whatever you can get. I sincerely hope you find something soon.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

22-05-2010, 08:28 PM

I was so sorry to hear about your trouble; I do hope things will improve for you. What a waste of your talents.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top