Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 07:29 PM

Re: A Pharaoh's wish for Immortality

[QUOTE=Jem;801039]
Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Curious archaeology indeed ! We can only hope that true investigators don't continue being blind and admit once and for all that the Egyptians had knowlecge of electricity and were in possession of a Egyptian Light .Bulb.

Yes they knew a lot more than we think, parts of crude batteries thousands of years old were dug up in China I read somewhere.
Then the Egyptians had that unique method of extracting the brain out of the skull by a suction process leaving the head completely undamaged. I was thinking of this last night just before I nodded of to sleep, then I had a nightmare, I was all tied up in white bandages and couldn’t move a muscle, the wife was looming over me with the bathroom plunger in her hand, terrifying sight, was she going to suck the little bit I had left in me head out? Luckily the dog barked and woke me up.
I pictured the scene very well

On as serious note, I have never liked the idea of getting into them tombs and extracting the things entombed there - just not right at all
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=Jem;801039]
Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Curious archaeology indeed ! We can only hope that true investigators don't continue being blind and admit once and for all that the Egyptians had knowlecge of electricity and were in possession of a Egyptian Light .Bulb.

Yes they knew a lot more than we think, parts of crude batteries thousands of years old were dug up in China I read somewhere.
Then the Egyptians had that unique method of extracting the brain out of the skull by a suction process leaving the head completely undamaged. I was thinking of this last night just before I nodded of to sleep, then I had a nightmare, I was all tied up in white bandages and couldn’t move a muscle, the wife was looming over me with the bathroom plunger in her hand, terrifying sight, was she going to suck the little bit I had left in me head out? Luckily the dog barked and woke me up.
You are one crazy dude I like your sense of humor.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 07:45 PM

I don't suppose he cares a hoot who is gawking at his remains, it is we that are goulish for wanting to look.

Apparently there is a theory now being investigated that there may be another hidden tomb, perhaps of Queen Nefertiti, with an entrance off the tomb of Tutankamen, now that is something that really excites me , being something of a ghoul myself....
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I don't suppose he cares a hoot who is gawking at his remains, it is we that are goulish for wanting to look.

Apparently there is a theory now being investigated that there may be another hidden tomb, perhaps of Queen Nefertiti, with an entrance off the tomb of Tutankamen, now that is something that really excites me , being something of a ghoul myself....
There are many secret passage ways to be discovered under the Egyptian desert sand. The most popular one it seems is located below The Sphinx. They have done some sound checking and there does seem to be a large cavity under The Sphinx, but for some reason they are in no hurry to explore it
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 08:23 PM

You have to hand it to the Illuminati/Masonic powers that be for their continual use of distraction and diversionary techniques.

Light bulbs ? lols

The Egyptians didn't need light bulbs as they had an infinite power source. That same power source that our ruling elite want so much to keep hidden from us. The Egyptian tombs, when they were opened 1000s of years after they were sealed, were found to have lamps still burning within them

These are "Everburning Lamps". No hidden tanks of oil were found that were keeping them burning. Some thought it was devilry.

It is of course nothing more than our old friend the Philosopher's Stone. The Egyptians had this, they called it Shewbread. They had uncovered the great secrets of alchemy. Armed with this they could create a hermetically sealed lamp with a special wick, a little bit of oil and a dose of the Stone. Result, a lamp with a flame that burns for 1000s of years.

The nefarious ruling elite will put out anything to divert us and distract us from truths like this. They condition us to label anything like it as "conspiracy BS". They are very effective in their machinations. However, the truth is coming.
They are going to have to deal with an informed populous soon.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I always think that .... poor souls, to become a ghoulish attraction.

Couldn't agree more, Morty.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Patsy;801098]
Originally Posted by Jem ->
I pictured the scene very well

On as serious note, I have never liked the idea of getting into them tombs and extracting the things entombed there - just not right at all

I feel much the same as you, Patsy. Why can't historians protect these sites and the treasures, why steal things and cart them off for museums? There should be more respect.

We'd soon be in trouble for digging up graves and robbing them here. How would we feel if an ancestor's grave was dug up and all the things that that person valued at the time, were pinched?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-01-2016, 10:39 PM

[QUOTE=eyes_of_a_painter;801105]
Originally Posted by Jem ->

You are one crazy dude I like your sense of humor.

I agree painter, our Jem is much loved here.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2016, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
You have to hand it to the Illuminati/Masonic powers that be for their continual use of distraction and diversionary techniques.

Light bulbs ? lols

The Egyptians didn't need light bulbs as they had an infinite power source. That same power source that our ruling elite want so much to keep hidden from us. The Egyptian tombs, when they were opened 1000s of years after they were sealed, were found to have lamps still burning within them

These are "Everburning Lamps". No hidden tanks of oil were found that were keeping them burning. Some thought it was devilry.

It is of course nothing more than our old friend the Philosopher's Stone. The Egyptians had this, they called it Shewbread. They had uncovered the great secrets of alchemy. Armed with this they could create a hermetically sealed lamp with a special wick, a little bit of oil and a dose of the Stone. Result, a lamp with a flame that burns for 1000s of years.

The nefarious ruling elite will put out anything to divert us and distract us from truths like this. They condition us to label anything like it as "conspiracy BS". They are very effective in their machinations. However, the truth is coming.
They are going to have to deal with an informed populous soon.
As this forum is labelled 'lighthearted" chat, I'll take it that all this everlasting lamp and Illuminati stuff is just humerous banter.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
I'll take it that all this everlasting lamp and Illuminati stuff is just humerous banter.
Everburning lamps are not humorous banter no. When you consider that the Egyptians had this fantastic alchemical substance you can readily understand why people would rob tombs and scour the landscapes for every possible tomb. Doubtless the early tomb robbers had no idea about alchemy and just went for the gold and other material riches but imagine their faces when, on opening these tombs, which had been sealed for 1000s of years, they found lamps still burning. Must have seemed very scary. Make no mistake, powerful countries would happily go to war to get their hands on this substance or to obtain the secret of its making.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top