Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:15 PM

Re: Winning ............?

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I won 3 pair of ear rings in a raffle. Did not match the suit I was wearing at the time. So I gave them to my mum.
Pity lots of guys like the earring look today don't they
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I won a JVC Music Centre about 25 years ago with a raffle ticket I bought for my children's School Christmas Raffle

It's still working well to this day!

I call it odd as I never usually win anything like that!
JVC good make too
I would find it odd if I won anything I could use
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:18 PM

Usually pieces of meat or alcohol, neither of which interest me but I do usually find someone to appreciate them.

My BIL was on that tv quiz with dusty bin, he won loads just playing darts and his friend answered the questions. The boat was most difficult to house not much call for them when you are so far from the sea.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:19 PM

Mum used to win prizes at our corner grocers, Pearls. One was a small transistor radio, which I used to 'borrow' all the time!! Especially if I went to the park. In them days we listened to some great music.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:19 PM

Not a raffle but a newspaper competition - my wife's sister's boyfriend asked me to help with this newspaper competition. You had to place 10 driving safety features in order of importance and write a safety slogan. I did the former and Alan (yes another Alan) did the latter. I provided the envelope and the stamp and posted our entry, which was in his name. He won a mini!!! Then he didn't want to know me.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:25 PM

I have mentioned before that I won a hamper from and this is where the memory fades it was either Harrods or Fortnum and Mason.

I know me and hubby had a little bit out of it but most of it was very rich food that he definitely would not eat and I was not too sure about, so the neighbours benefited from it.

The basket came in handy though. I have been onto their websites today and most of the food in their hampers now are stuff that I would have such as biscuits, cake, wine, jam, marmalade. Guess they have changed over the years.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:39 PM

I won a mouth organ on a raffle at Primary school. ..which was one up on my comb and toilet paper.
I was rubbish at both.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Not a raffle but a newspaper competition - my wife's sister's boyfriend asked me to help with this newspaper competition. You had to place 10 driving safety features in order of importance and write a safety slogan. I did the former and Alan (yes another Alan) did the latter. I provided the envelope and the stamp and posted our entry, which was in his name. He won a mini!!! Then he didn't want to know me.
Charming!!
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 06:41 PM

Demis Roussos was a somewhat popular singer with a very high pitch lady like voice. I recall hearing some of his songs in the early 70's when I lived in Spain.I think in todays music he would have a very hard time fitting in. I think he passed away a couple of years ago.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 07:48 PM

I won a colouring competition when I was about 5, the prize was 3 weeks worth of cinema tickets at our local cinema. First week we saw "Peter Pan" then I got the measles and Mum gave them away!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top