Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 09:02 AM

Re: Poor me

You have my sympathy PP.
My daughter used to suffer from it and it got to me not being abled to do anything for her.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 02:17 PM

I was going to suggest the local honey too - the idea is that the bees collect the pollen that is local to you and by taking in the honey you gently 'immunise' yourself

Also, as Mags said, a thin smear of Vaseline around the rims of your nostrils and on your eyelashes, to catch pollen before it hits anything delicate.

A fresh, clean, pillowcase each night - tumble dried or dried indoors, not on the line.

Good luck. There's a folk tale that hay fever etc goes in 7 year cycles. Have you passed a 7 year milestone - 56/63/70? If so, it should be gone after another 5 years! Oh dear
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 03:12 PM

I suffer from HF too Paul . . . forget the remedies, they make it worse . . tree pollen is really bad just now but it'll pass . . . try wearing safety goggles they'll keep some of the pollen out . . . only an hour ago clouds of pollen off the trees were wafting past me.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Niftyfifty ->
Antihistamines don't agree with me either so I just treat the symptoms - nasal spray for the nose and eye drops for the eyes. 'Luckily' for me my hayfever is mainly brought on by trees so mainly a problem the first few weeks of Spring and then settles down a lot after that.

Hello and welcome Niftyfifty (nice nic). Yes I have heard it is most likely tree pollen this early in the season. And it did happen this time last year.

Thanks OFFers for the advice. Today wasn't so bad - possibly due to the rain we had yesterday.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2010, 08:30 PM

Glad it's a little better today, the rain is good at getting rid of the pollen temporarily. The weather report here said the oak pollen was especially bad this Spring.
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2010, 09:09 PM

I have had 'hayfever' since i was 6 years old i am now 53, hardly anyone had it in the old days, now everyone seems to have it.I used to have be led home from schol as i couldnt see with my 'cods' eyes, couldnt breath etc etc.I have had all sorts of tablets ,injections, insufflaters (sp),then had skin tests and allergic to quite a few things, finally for the last 20 or so years it has been fairly under control, i use zirtek daily, beconase nasel spray when needed, sudofed daily, and aquious eyedrops when needed, i do have allergies all year round now. They did give me a generic zirtek a few years ago and within a day or so i got really ill but back on the 'proper' one.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by sully ->
I have had 'hayfever' since i was 6 years old i am now 53, hardly anyone had it in the old days, now everyone seems to have it.I used to have be led home from schol as i couldnt see with my 'cods' eyes, couldnt breath etc etc.I have had all sorts of tablets ,injections, insufflaters (sp),then had skin tests and allergic to quite a few things, finally for the last 20 or so years it has been fairly under control, i use zirtek daily, beconase nasel spray when needed, sudofed daily, and aquious eyedrops when needed, i do have allergies all year round now. They did give me a generic zirtek a few years ago and within a day or so i got really ill but back on the 'proper' one.
I think I will be carted off to the mad house if it goes on for so long. My sympathies are with you
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2010, 10:18 PM

Is it bad today PPH?
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

28-04-2010, 10:24 PM

Yes - think I have conjunctivitis now with rubbing my eyes. I have bought some chloramphenicol drops. Hope they soothe my eyes.

Boo hoo
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2010, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by PPHammer ->
I think I will be carted off to the mad house if it goes on for so long. My sympathies are with you
I hope yours clears quickly and thankyou.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top