Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 07:32 PM

Re: Grey Hair

I have grey hair too and I am happy with it, couldn't be bothered to dye it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 09:25 PM

If you’re grey your grey so let it all hang out, although there's nothing wrong with women dying their hair in my opinion, if it suits you go for it, and it does suit a lot of women.
Men are a different kettle of fish, I think old men who dye their hair are making a desperate attempt to regain years that are gone forever and it looks so obvious on an old face, it’s OK for young men who go grey before their time, they have their lives in front of them, after all they are only trying to look their age. If you really want to see how ridiculous it looks on old men take a look of some of the old actors who get parts in “Murder She Wrote” between the wigs and the dye jobs it’s enough to make you cringe with embarrassment for them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 10:45 PM

Mine is almost pure white at the front but, at the back it is grey - I quite like it that way.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2015, 11:11 PM

I started to go grey when I was young (15) I coloured my hair until my 50th birthday. On that day I had my head shaved for charity and then let it grow its natural colour and I have kept it that way since
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 12:46 AM

it must be rather a shock when dyed hair on the head is not the same colour as other parts of the body!!

I do know a blonde women who is not naturelly blonde who carefully dyes her pubic hair to match. Oh My!!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 07:24 AM

I dye my head hair.. Have done for years first to get a kick out of having different colours (in my 20s) now to keep my hair looking nice.
Grey is women is not generally accepted as if is in men nor is female baldness , I know this because when I was ill my hiar started to fall out and I was asked by a works manager if I would be getting a wig to cover it ..He would never have considered a wig for his own bald spot nor asked his male co-workers if they would cover up..

I dont go for mad un natural colours anymore but I just feel happier with normal brown hair..

For anyone who thinks about dying downstairs there are special dyes inculding party colours..
http://www.amazon.com/Betty-Beauty-C.../dp/B002ZP7S12

My mother said if she had someone to flash at she would go for the pink one!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am not I have had silver grey hair for about 25 years.

I dislike most dyed hair, I think it looks harsh and 'flat'. Natural hair is a mixture of tones so unless you can afford a hairdressers price for regular highlights it is difficult to get a natural look.
I prefer to see natural hair whatever the colour kept in good condition so it shines and reflects the light
I'm another one who would never dye my hair, and I'm quite happy with my grey. I've earned it!
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 11:50 AM

AT 68, i still have all my hair and let it grow quite long. Now, it's turning a gunmetal grey, while my beard and moustache, which I have, are snow white.
People at work ask why I let my hair grow so long. My simple reply is is, " When you've still got some at my age, flaunt it!".
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 10:00 PM

What fun that must be changing colour 'Down there'. And what a surprise it must be for your spouse or partner!
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 11:12 PM

I was given a book at 50 and it states at 50 womens hair turns brown. I have a mixture of browns and golds,Ok Have a walk, have a drink, then come back and tell me again why we die our hair

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top