Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 02:19 PM

Re: What can I say ?

LOL
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 02:25 PM

Or you could contact her family and perhaps they could have her sectioned.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I haven't said to her I do or don't believe I won't be cruel to her, just thought it was funny as I had never as far as I know met someone who had such an odd obsession, it only came up in conversation because she was tired and had only had 2 hours sleep because she was so excited the night before having found the footage. Just made me wonder who else is wandering around with these odd thoughts, she is most down to earth person normally
People are just playing with Elvis song titles Julie.

Maybe she didn't really think it was Elvis. Something that might get a mention next time you see her.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 02:35 PM

I expect it made you feel All shook up after the conversation, Julie ...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 02:37 PM

Did he look as if he'd aged, after all he's getting on a bit now.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I expect it made you feel All shook up after the conversation, Julie ...
LOL something like that.
Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Did he look as if he'd aged, after all he's getting on a bit now.
He looked about 50 which is why I found it all very odd he actually looked younger and fitter than he did in the 70s
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 04:12 PM

Carrying on like this, she will drive all her friends away, and end up Lonesome Tonight.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 04:57 PM

Well I haven't said to her I do or don't believe I won't be cruel to her, just thought it was funny as I had never as far as I know met someone who had such an odd obsession,
No one could accuse you of being cruel or having a wooden heart. You are writing about it on a forum where she is very unlikely to ever see it.

The myth that Elvis is still alive is a fantastic marketing ploy that keeps his records selling and earning all his dependants (family, recording studios, lawyers, PR people etc. etc.) a nice ongoing, (one might even say everlasting) income.

What harm does it do ? not any that I can see, I suppose it could be harmful to the person invoved if started buying tickets to America and spending all their money looking for him but from what you wrote this doesn't seem to be the case with this lady.

Next time you see her try to avoid the subject but if it does come up you could say that quite few people do believe he's still alive but make sure she's not going to do anything silly.

Oh, by the way I saw him in Tesco's yesterday buying some hamburgers and french fries. He was in disguise of course 'cos no one wants the press photographing you doing the weekly shop now do they
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 05:17 PM

Had an odd conversation last night with a colleague when she in all seriousness told me she knows Elvis is alive and well, showed me footage of an obvious lookey likey on her phone. Thought she was joking at first then when I realised she was serious I sort hmmed and ahhed but couldn't find it in myself to say are you mad
Now looking at her very differently
What would you do if someone had a complete conspiracy theory like that ?
It's one of the mysteries of life since the internet became THE font of all knowledge in peoples' eyes Julie.

I was in Iran in 1978 and one of my helpers was a young lad from a truly remote village and one night I told him all about Neil Armstrong's visit to the moon, almost ten years before.

He couldn't stop laughing because he simply did not believe it possible for anyone to walk on the moon.

That kind of total innocence is the opposite to conspiracy theories yet millions still believe what their great grandparents believed and go into hysterics if you tell them things that are different, even those actually documented.

Let everyone believe what they want as long as it causes no harm - my motto. stevmk2
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 05:48 PM

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's elvis

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top