Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 09:05 AM

Re: A good idea - or not?

I suspect its just another example of someone making lots of money out of someone's else's grief.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I suspect its just another example of someone making lots of money out of someone's else's grief.
Exactly!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 08:33 PM

I'll just stick with keeping his shirt
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 08:41 PM

If it's of comfort then fair enough and the 'perfume' can't be made for nothing, if someone goes to the trouble of making it they should charge.

Smells are very evocative, they are very good at bringing memories alive.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Now, in France, for Ģ400 or so, you can have the smell of your dearly departed made into a perfume.
Apparently the fragrance replicates the dead person's scent from their clothes.
A widow came up with the idea after sniffing her late husband's pillow. She said "It can be a great comfort."
A chemist from Le Havre University said: "We extract the odour from the clothing and reconstruct it into a perfume in 4 days."

So what do you think of that idea then?
If you could afford it, would you want to do that?
Not at all TBH.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2015, 09:39 PM

Christ what will they think of next!
I don't think I even know what my wife actually smells like, I'd have to follow her around on all fours like a dog for a couple of days to get a true scent, no way am I doing that, and no way would she let me, woof woof!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 12:22 AM

[QUOTE=Anita;642608]If it's of comfort then fair enough and the 'perfume' can't be made for nothing, if someone goes to the trouble of making it they should charge.

Smells are very evocative, they are very good at bringing memories alive.[/QUOTE]

That's true - depending how accurate they are though ..
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 06:38 AM

OM.... A friend sent me a link that is about a company who will include your beloved's ashes in a sex toy ...So that even after death you can be faithful..

I think that is just about the most disgusting distasteful nasty thing Ive ever heard of.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 08:26 AM

That is awful Cass, it's like a sick joke. Hopefully it doesn't actually happen.
The perfume thing is different as each person does have their own smell which is unique to them because everyone's body chemistry is different, I could imagine someone wanting to do that.
I wouldn't but I don't like to go down memory lane too much as it can also be upsetting. I'm not sure about memories being comforting, I find they are more distressing sometimes as you are recalling something which can never be repeated nor can you actually see or speak to the person again.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 08:57 AM

I donīt like that idea at all, not something I would want to do.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top