Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
digital granma
Co. Durham, England
digital granma is female  digital granma has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 10:35 AM

Re: Do you think you have had a Hard Life?

What's needed to avoid a hard life?
Good genes.
Good luck.
Good living.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 11:40 AM

Life up to say 19 was no fun at all. Then I got away.

The old fool never did say one kind word but I had stopped caring.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 12:28 PM

Harder than some, easier than others, but more important and regrettable that I helped make at least one other life harder.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 01:49 PM

A good comfortable life for me, I would say. A loving set of parents who always provided for their 4 children, then grand children, generous hand outs of cash when they sold their house, then more over the years. (I was thrifty with my later ones, the first went towards a computer, now long gone, an expensive Tiny).

I had constant work, all my life, bought my own shared ownership flat at an affordable rate, took voluntary redundancy, built up my savings, paid off the two halves mortgage and the car loan.

Now fully retired I too am reaping the benefits of good, honest, hard work (some jobs I walked out on, some I wanted to, some gave me good experience).

I'm content now I am not reliant on a working wage.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 02:31 PM

I have at times been uncomfortable, or short of dosh, or thought I needed something when it was more like wanted something. Like most in the western world, I wouldn't know a hard life if it came along and bit me on the butt. Most of the occasions where I thought my life was hard, it was most often self imposed and most times, with help easily resolvable. Hard life no. A little difficult yes at times.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 04:29 PM

The finest porcelain is subjected to the fiercest fire. I like that quote and it seems calming somehow.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 04:29 PM

Hmmmm, I'm now reminiscing , yes it's been tough , nothing has ever come easy for me . Was put out at young age of 16 , no family support , emotional or otherwise, depended on the kindness of others to live and survive. I had a bad schooling due to school and house moves , 14 schools from the age of five to 15 , parents in forces . Home life was dysfunctional . Married at 19, a very unkind man. Had no choice but to stay 16 yrs . No help in those days, not like today (I'm happy for the help for young women who are in abusive marriages , thank god for refuges) made yet another mistake when mArried again at 41, although did find a few years of joy and happiness in that marriage , but sadly it was not for life. due to low self esteem it took years for me to find myself , and 're educated myself by returning to college at the age of fifty , found a low paid minimum wage job but felt great to have qualifications at last . Lived alone now by choice for almost 12 years. Now newly retired , live on state pension , finally paid off mortgage , and hope life will continue to be kinder to me. Yes , I've found my life very hard, but am a happy person , have my faith , and live in HOPE
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Hmmmm, I'm now reminiscing , yes it's been tough , nothing has ever come easy for me . Was put out at young age of 16 , no family support , emotional or otherwise, depended on the kindness of others to live and survive. I had a bad schooling due to school and house moves , 14 schools from the age of five to 15 , parents in forces . Home life was dysfunctional . Married at 19, a very unkind man. Had no choice but to stay 16 yrs . No help in those days, not like today (I'm happy for the help for young women who are in abusive marriages , thank god for refuges) made yet another mistake when mArried again at 41, although did find a few years of joy and happiness in that marriage , but sadly it was not for life. due to low self esteem it took years for me to find myself , and 're educated myself by returning to college at the age of fifty , found a low paid minimum wage job but felt great to have qualifications at last . Lived alone now by choice for almost 12 years. Now newly retired , live on state pension , finally paid off mortgage , and hope life will continue to be kinder to me. Yes , I've found my life very hard, but am a happy person , have my faith , and live in HOPE

Thanks Susan for shareing

Years ago it was very differcult for woman to find help or a safe place to stay , thankfully it change for the better these days , but come to late for many like you
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 07:10 PM

My earlier life was extremely hard after being bombed out and losing my father in the war, it was hard with nothing a mum doing 3 jobs a day.
However I came back from it, mother remarried and I had an extremely good dad, he made sure we were fed and clothed and made sure that I did an apprenticeship, which obviously served me well allowing to get a good living, and going on to have a business for 25 years.
So yes hard to start with, but it turned out well in the end.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 08:17 PM

There are many things that made my life hard through the years, but overall I would not say I have had a hard life if that makes any sense.

I own my house, am happily married and have enough money to keep me going for much longer than I'll be alive!

As long as I have a whisky in one hand and a cigarette in the other I shall not complain.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top