Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 05:41 AM

Re: Bible thumpers at the door

I usually find no thank you works.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 05:52 AM

Rarely have any such callers since I put my sign up by the door bell.

Easy as.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Rarely have any such callers since I put my sign up by the door bell.

Easy as.
I like the irony Bruce, a "Do not Knock" sign, next to two doorbells.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 08:46 AM

I feel the days are long gone for them going round doors. I just wouldn't open the door. I like a good blether with the hospital chaplain
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 08:49 AM

We always try to be polite and appreciate they think they are trying to help people. Never had anyone be impolite to me and when they know you have your own religion they are very happy to just wish you luck.

It's not about whose religion is best it's about which religious practise suits each person. I wouldn't enjoy being a JW as they give up far more than I think God would wish them to but it's their choice.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 09:47 AM

The JW people built a 'Kingdom Hall' in our village a few years ago - since when we have been plagued by them. I appreciate that part of their belief system requires them to be evangelical and recruit converts but it is very wearying when the same few come every week and my answer is always the same - please go away and leave me in peace. How long does it take for the message to sink in?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 09:59 AM

Silver Tabby the next time one of the JW's comes to your door ask politly f they will note your house as a 'do not call' .. If memory serves they will put this in the logs at the Kingdom hall so that when the Bothers or Sisters are in the field they know your house does not wish to be visited..
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Silver Tabby the next time one of the JW's comes to your door ask politly f they will note your house as a 'do not call' .. If memory serves they will put this in the logs at the Kingdom hall so that when the Bothers or Sisters are in the field they know your house does not wish to be visited..
I did exactly the same years ago and have never been bothered with them since, they just walk past. I think someone once knocked to see if I still had the same view, I said yes and he very politely went away.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 10:35 AM

The Latter day Saints used to come around here quite often but got
no response by the looks of it and don't bother now.
The ones who stand with leaflets and books Sue. I have been wondering
the same thing. They stand outside our big hospitals everyday and they
have leaflets in their hands but never attempt to speak to you.
I was going to ask them why but am generally in a rush when I pass them.
I do give them a smile though.
Bruce your bells need a good wash
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I like the irony Bruce, a "Do not Knock" sign, next to two doorbells.
One is actually a light switch and there is a knocker on the door but they seem to get the message.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top