Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Hermione
United Kingdom
Hermione is female  Hermione has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 12:17 PM

Re: Happy New Year?

Our fridge/freezer kept getting water in the bottom and DH was adamant it was past its sell by date , then I was looking online and realised the drainage hole could be blocked so I took it upon myself to unblock said hole with drinking straws.. and it worked no more water in the bottom every day. So after a week of no water I told DH I'd fixed it, but oh no he spent ages investigating new models and has settled on one with a blooming water thingy in the door... and now he's got the hump because I'm adamant the one we have will be fine and we don't need a new one...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 12:19 PM

We had the same kind of catastrophes last year Mollie, I think virtually everything packed up within weeks of each other. First was the boiler, followed by the washing machine, but both were in this house when we bought it 15 years ago, so we couldn´t really complain. Next was the oven, that was only 3 years old but it had to be replaced, the toaster also decided not to work and the kettle. However we do seem to have a "thing" re kettles, for as many years as I can recall we have never managed to keep a kettle for more than a few months, no matter what country we were living in, we´ve gone through practically every well known brand you can name but all have gone the same way. I hope your run of electrical bad luck comes to an end very quickly.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 12:11 AM

Thanks for replies folks.

Jazzi: As to the washing machine spilling water into the kitchen, that could be the pump.

Yukky over the drain cleaning.

Clumsy: My central heating boiler was condemned in September 2013 and I'm having to learn to live with it!

The contents of my freezer are insured under my house insurance and I was going to ask the bank for a claim form. However, on reflection I decided not to bother because I'd have to pay the first £100, or more, plus it would put up my premiums.

The next on my purchase list was going to be a new tumble dryer because, in order for it to operate, I have to get my old bones down onto the floor, rotate the drum about 10 times, then load it, and then, and only then, it may deign to work!

Hermione: Didn't you know that men always know best?

Anyway, I've ordered and paid for a new one today. After all, I did have the old one for around 20 years, and it was second hand then, so now I get a nice brand new one which is slightly bigger than the old one, which may not fit in the existing space. Aaaarrrrggh!

Sorry for rabbiting on!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 11:22 AM

That was a bit of bad luck alright Mollie, maybe that’s the end of it and you got it all over in one lump so to speak, Spring is just around the corner and then another lovely long Summer to enjoy.
It’s great to hear from you again.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 06:03 PM

Oh, dear, Mollie. I guess things can only get better, and hope they do!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Thanks for replies folks.

Jazzi: As to the washing machine spilling water into the kitchen, that could be the pump.
Yukky over the drain cleaning.

Clumsy: My central heating boiler was condemned in September 2013 and I'm having to learn to live with it!

The contents of my freezer are insured under my house insurance and I was going to ask the bank for a claim form. However, on reflection I decided not to bother because I'd have to pay the first £100, or more, plus it would put up my premiums.

The next on my purchase list was going to be a new tumble dryer because, in order for it to operate, I have to get my old bones down onto the floor, rotate the drum about 10 times, then load it, and then, and only then, it may deign to work!

Hermione: Didn't you know that men always know best?

Anyway, I've ordered and paid for a new one today. After all, I did have the old one for around 20 years, and it was second hand then, so now I get a nice brand new one which is slightly bigger than the old one, which may not fit in the existing space. Aaaarrrrggh!

Sorry for rabbiting on!
Kitchen SINK! Not kitchen.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top