Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 09:58 AM

Re: Memory Foam Beds

Originally Posted by bruce ->
the problem is that as they age their memory goes.

ooer wassup with the smilies ?

OK fixed
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If these health problems have been proven to be caused by memory foam, I agree with Patsy, they should be immediately withdrawn from sale. Trouble is, while there is money to be made, things are often allowed to go on.

I am interested in this sort of thing and have gleened quite a lot of information about cosmetics, moisturers, body creams, sun cream's and a lot of other things we use daily too. And that's before we even start on household cleaners.
The list goes on once you start delving.
Money comes first Mups - health second
There are so many products on the market that cause harm to us - so you have to go by your own common sense in these matters .......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
:-d :-d :-d

ooer wassup with the smilies ?
It happens to me sometimes - don't understand why ....
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The problem is that as they age their memory goes.
That is interesting, we are considering a new mattress and have thought of these.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 05:21 PM

We were looking at Memory Foam Mattresses and "Toppers" a while ago but we decided against them due to the smell issue and so, just out of interest this morning, on our way home from town we went to the little shop where we've bought all our beds from since our Co-Op Department Store closed only to find they've ceased trading!

Absolutely mortified now because they were an excellent company and really went the extra mile to provide what the customer wanted.

We've had three beds and / or mattresses from them now.

The bed that we bought four years ago was also at another major supplier to Bed World of Chesham but @ £100 more PLUS delivery!

This shop is so close to our house that they never charged for delivery - ever. stevmk2
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The problem is that as they age their memory goes.

I have one, but they are not best suited to menopausal women who are already nearly combustible, as they get as hot as Hades, I've found.

Have a memory foam pillow too, but it has gone flat, as I did not pay very much for it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 12:43 AM

I don't get the point of memory foam beds. I can be a restless sleeper so change position a lot. So what's the point of memory?

Also I hate the thought of a bed which gets hot. Can't stand foam pillows for the same reason.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 02:01 PM

Memory foam beds wouldn't suit me as I get too hot at the best of times.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-01-2015, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just bought a new bed, it's coming next week, but it's a pocket sprung one. I have however, bought a memory foam pillow to try, so I'll see what happens. . .
Understand your problem Mups - you may find more of a problem in the summer when it gets hot the pillow will get very squishy and flat, in the winter can get very hard on yer poor head - but - you may like it gal
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 11:53 PM

I am a silly old wotsit Patsy Just had a look at the pillow and it isn't a memory foam I picked up at all !!!
Perhaps just as well after the things in this post ey.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top