Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 10:53 PM

Re: Present surprise

My wife always gets me sensible presents and really listens to me because she always gets a little something that I need or miss having.

About a two months ago my work watch stopped so I thought it must be battery and I got another one fitted - bit annoyed that it was a special battery and cost nearly half what the watch cost me 7 months earlier but I've got a thing about time and watches.

3 weeks later the bliddy thing stopped again so it's not worth doing anything but chucking it so I've been wearing my pager all the time instead but old habits die hard so I've missed a watch.

My wife bought me another one!

She also noticed my thermal gloves have had-it so I've got a new pair and I broke my magnifying glass that I use a lot so I've got a new one!

None of these things were expensive but all are useful and greatly appreciated so for me that's the nice bit! stevmk2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 11:05 PM

I got an Indoor Helicopter of my Son and Daughter, most unexpected, the Dog has not made her mind up about it yet.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2014, 11:45 PM

I can't say I was mad about any of my surprise presents but they will be useful.
I won't have to buy any face cream/ body wash/ hand cream for a year - and three 'surprise' bottles of vodka will see me going for a while..
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 08:36 AM

Living on my own I normally don't get many Christmas presents but this year really was an exception. I was given gifts of chocolates, biscuits and fruit from some of my Hungarian friends, a cubic metre of logs and 」20 from the local council and as always as well as buying presents for my doglets I'd bought a winter coat and some books ... presents from me to me!

But the best presents of all was a phone call from my family in the UK saying they'll be coming to stay in August and my 17 year old grandson will be coming over in June as well!

And as an added bonus both dogs decided to go to bed at 7pm which meant I could spend a relaxed evening in front of the fire watching television,
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
Living on my own I normally don't get many Christmas presents but this year really was an exception. I was given gifts of chocolates, biscuits and fruit from some of my Hungarian friends, a cubic metre of logs and 」20 from the local council and as always as well as buying presents for my doglets I'd bought a winter coat and some books ... presents from me to me!

But the best presents of all was a phone call from my family in the UK saying they'll be coming to stay in August and my 17 year old grandson will be coming over in June as well!

And as an added bonus both dogs decided to go to bed at 7pm which meant I could spend a relaxed evening in front of the fire watching television,
Simply - smashing !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 05:52 PM

I got a very pleasant surprise when I finally got to open the big oblong box the wife brought home a couple of weeks ago, it was a beautiful telescope complete with tripod to go stargazing in the new year, I知 delighted (I was going to say over the moon) but I haven稚 got it set up yet, I値l wait for the weather to get a bit warmer.
I got her a gift voucher for a clothes shop she loves, I知 not very imaginative when it comes to presents.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I got a very pleasant surprise when I finally got to open the big oblong box the wife brought home a couple of weeks ago, it was a beautiful telescope complete with tripod to go stargazing in the new year, I知 delighted (I was going to say over the moon) but I haven稚 got it set up yet, I値l wait for the weather to get a bit warmer.
I got her a gift voucher for a clothes shop she loves, I知 not very imaginative when it comes to presents.
Sounds brilliant Jem. My partner has a telescope and loves it. Your wife obviously knows what you like. Gift vouchers mean you can choose what you want. Great!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well isn't that grand - been waiting a long time for you to open that box - smashing present
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 06:11 PM

Talking to my 4 yr old GS on Christmas Day On the phone , he loved the Pop up fire engine tent i got him for christmas ,.He asked me if id like to look at it and say hello, so he put on a disguised voice pretending to be the fire engine talking back saying Hello Grandma.. and went on telling me to look at this and that on it .To him i was there in the room.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-12-2014, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Talking to my 4 yr old GS on Christmas Day On the phone , he loved the Pop up fire engine tent i got him for christmas ,.He asked me if id like to look at it and say hello, so he put on a disguised voice pretending to be the fire engine talking back saying Hello Grandma.. and went on telling me to look at this and that on it .To him i was there in the room.
Ah - a little boy that 'still' loves fire engines - smashing

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top