Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

24-10-2014, 12:01 PM

Re: Unusual presents you have given or received.

My presents are always unusual as suits my senility street cred!
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 02:07 PM

One year for Christmas my father gave me and my sister shoe boxes wrapped up in brown paper and string. Inside each box wrapped in newspaper was 1000 x £1 notes. The best and most expensive Christmas present I've ever had!
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

24-10-2014, 03:37 PM

My father did a Christmas stocking for my youngest sister containing the turkey giblets!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
One year for Christmas my father gave me and my sister shoe boxes wrapped up in brown paper and string. Inside each box wrapped in newspaper was 1000 x £1 notes. The best and most expensive Christmas present I've ever had!
WOW ! That's what I call a present
The best present I had from Hubs, was my favourite hair colour (at the time) boxes of them, made to look like a pyramid. I held that present for ages, trying to work out what it was, when I opened it I loved the fact he bothered to get all those boxes and wrap it the way he did. After that, I bought a tiny frame, cut a photo of us to fit, then unwrapped a Christmas cracker, put the little frame inside and rewrapped. His face was great as we pulled and he got the frame. We still have it years later on the dressing table.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 05:54 PM

Not unusual really - but one year I bought my husband 100 shares in his favourite brewery.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2014, 08:50 PM

My first husband was very thoughtful, he bought me a scale model kit of a galleon, he enjoyed it greatly!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2014, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
My first husband was very thoughtful, he bought me a scale model kit of a galleon, he enjoyed it greatly!
I bet that's happened a few times
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

25-10-2014, 12:07 PM

My father bought me a train set for Christmas when I was four. I would have enjoyed playing with it as I liked boys toys, but I was only permitted to do so on occasions when he could play with it too!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

25-10-2014, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
My father bought me a train set for Christmas when I was four. I would have enjoyed playing with it as I liked boys toys, but I was only permitted to do so on occasions when he could play with it too!
Yes, as I said, must have happened a good few times ......
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

25-10-2014, 03:05 PM

My husband would know better than to buy me something he would want for himself! From a very early age he took our daughters with him to select my presents. I always knew if one of them was perfume (one of the few girly things I like) as they came home smelling to high heaven of it, as he tested out every perfume on dislay on them!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top