Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:25 PM

Re: Wax and wine

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
My goodness, times have changed.

Someone at work today was saying she gets her eyebrows waxed and tinted at the salon, along with a glass of wine!!

I've only ever been offered a cup of tea or coffee at mines

Can only think it encourages people to rebook. What next?
Wouldn't the Salon owner need a drinks licence to be able to hand out drinks?

My hairdresser now offers cappuccinos and hot chocolate in addition the usual tea and coffee.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Wouldn't the Salon owner need a drinks licence to be able to hand out drinks?

My hairdresser now offers cappuccinos and hot chocolate in addition the usual tea and coffee.
Mags I may be wrong but if they are giving you a glass of wine not charging for it that may be ok.

I have been to a number of dress shops over the years where a glass of wine was on offer
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mags I may be wrong but if they are giving you a glass of wine not charging for it that may be ok.

I have been to a number of dress shops over the years where a glass of wine was on offer
Ah... you may well be right Meg I thought it being offered on his/her business premises may have been different.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
and judging by the quality of cutting provided by some hairdressers perhaps they think a glass of wine might stop you noticing the dreadful results
That to me is the definitive answer .......

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top