Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 06:49 PM

Re: Ghosts or Aliens

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes AC I would go along with your ghosts, ghosts have never been known to harm anyone and the devil you know is better than the devil you don't, ghosts are just lost souls looking for a permanent resting place.
I was abducted in 1947 when I was two years of age, missing for two days, it's a long story but I was found in a doorway in Fishamble Street, next door to the concert hall to where Handel's Messiah was first performed, could that be some kind of an omen I wonder?:
Please tell us more Jem.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Dont believe in Ghosts, do believe there is alien life out there. Chances of an encounter slim.
I agree... I think it would be very presumptuous of us to believe we were alone in the Universe... considering it's vastness. Anyone finding us would have to be far far more advanced in their technology.. and even then I agree that a chance of an encounter would be slim at best.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Please tell us more Jem.
Alice it's very complicated and always was a hush hush subject within the family, I never did get the full facts about it, a young woman in her twenties was arrested then released without charge, any time I asked my parents about it I was always told "It's a long story, best forgotten" so I suppose I will never know the details as they are both dead now, maybe it's for the best, but it never really bothered me, maybe I'm not me at all.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 07:20 PM

I suppose you will always feel curious about it, but maybe its better not knowing. A big life event though!! Thank goodness you werent harmed and lived to tell the tale.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 07:30 PM

I would prefer to be abducted, than grabbed by the Ghoulies.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh Puleese!!! You die, you get planted, crisped or drowned - there is no such thing as 'the after life' ghosts and ghoulies were merely to frighten gullible people.

As to 'aliens' the vastness of space makes it impossible for other life forms to travel across that vastness, and as we are an insignificant satellite circling an even more insignificant star why would they bother???
Quite so UJ and if there is life outside our planet I prefer to think of it as 'an alternative life form' rather than 'alien'.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 10:28 PM

Meg, you hedging your bets, just in case.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 10:40 PM

I have seen two ghosts...nothing to be afraid of..aliens?

How would I recognise one?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Meg, you hedging your bets, just in case.
Paul there is 'no just in case'. If there happened to be alterative life forms and they were sufficiently advanced to visit earth I am sure they would take one look at all the bloodshed and fighting and beat a hasty retreat ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Alice it's very complicated and always was a hush hush subject within the family, I never did get the full facts about it, a young woman in her twenties was arrested then released without charge, any time I asked my parents about it I was always told "It's a long story, best forgotten" so I suppose I will never know the details as they are both dead now, maybe it's for the best, but it never really bothered me, maybe I'm not me at all.

I wonder if it would be possible to research old newspapers from that era Jem? There may well have been a child abduction story in the papers do you think?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top