Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 06:03 PM

Re: A tissue in the wash

Not as bad as when my son left his key in a pocket. I hadn't checked his pockets and the key came out whilst it was washing and split the drum of the machine. It was a costly repair job.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
Not as bad as when my son left his key in a pocket. I hadn't checked his pockets and the key came out whilst it was washing and split the drum of the machine. It was a costly repair job.
That was bad luck .
Gosh Stella,you may have just saved my drum. I have just put a load of dog towels on to wash and stuck the double ended lead in too never thinking the clips could break the drum .
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 07:29 PM

Well they could Meg, so don't do it again.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 07:46 PM

Bad luck with the tissue Meg, I had just the same problem a few weeks ago.
And isn't it always the dark wash
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 08:47 PM

Yes, done that many a time. I always hang my washing on the door jambs in the hallway and the carpet used to be smothered in tiny white bits when I shook every item.

Nowadays I'm more scrupulous in checking. But sometimes a panty liner can get through the net (though they usually stay intact, fortunately!)
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 10:21 PM

Easier to just say you have adopted the latest fashion - speckled clothing...
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 11:22 PM

I get this when little grandson has a cold, sometimes I put a tissue under my pillow for speed if he wakes up sniffly. The times I've forgotten, stripped the bed and filled the kitchen on emptying the machine....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That was bad luck .
Gosh Stella,you may have just saved my drum. I have just put a load of dog towels on to wash and stuck the double ended lead in too never thinking the clips could break the drum .

I never dreamt that could happen meg. When I used to have the bigger dogs and used rope slip leads with a metal ring on, I was always sticking them in the wash with their bedding and they were fine. Why does a small bit of metal break a metal drum?

The tissue thing is soooo annoying isn't it. My Mothers washing nearly has a tissue somewhere amongst it no matter how carefully check it first.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have just taken a load of 'dark' washing out of the machine only to find it covered in bits of white.
It was only my self control that allowed my kids to survive their teenage years.

They were told to check their pockets before they put them into the washing basket and woe betide any of them that left a tissue in their pocket. Naturally being teenagers they didn't and they did - I also washed their mobile phones, teacher's notes and other miscellaneous objects.

They did survive but it was a close run thing.

Personally I always use a handkerchief so leaving it in the pocket is a good thing (I think)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 11:48 AM

What's all this about 'splitting' a (metal) washing machine drum??? - I have a number of fleeces with metal zips - I washed two of them a couple of weeks ago - they (and the washing machine) are fine. Some of my trousers also have metal zips - all of them get stuffed in the washing machine and none of them have managed to (split) the drum.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top