Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 08:09 PM

Re: OFF Big Brother?

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
What is the "Adult humour" section? Is it the "Crude" section?
I'm assuming it is, Alan, but I've never been there to check it out!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 08:14 PM

I'd like to know who all the Guests are that are viewing and sometimes you get a Google Spider looking in.

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
I'd like to know who all the Guests are that are viewing and sometimes you get a Google Spider looking in.

When I looked some of the guests were registering, so you may find out a bit more soon

As for Google spiders...who knows what they might catch in their webs....
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 08:23 PM

I've noticed Guests Registering but never seem to see any new members at the bottom of the home page. All mysterious.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 08:32 PM

I regularly view who's online because I might have missed something so like to see what interests others.

Some of the "guests" aren't actually people, like the Google Spider, which is a spybot, or an electronic robot which search through forums to see what information they can collect.

Also, Guests can view your Profile unless you've set it to Members' Only, which is one thing I'm not keen on, on this forum, but it does happen on quite a few others as well.

I've recently edited my Profile as I was giving away too much personal information and when I first joined, I set it to Members' Only, so you guys can read it, but not Guests.

Gotta be careful on the internet folks.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
What's that?
Live feed was on one of the digital channel 4 channels, the first few years they played the house as it happened 24/7 you could watch them wake up have breakfast, chatting all day and going to bed and asleep all night. You really got to know the contestants, in one series they made a huge mistake and allowed a fight to develop between the contestants fuelled by drink and allowing two of the more volatile contestants to listen in on what the others were saying about them. They had to shut down live feed and we never really got it back. Too many complaints.

Since then we just get the edited shows which really isn't the same.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 09:49 PM

I've recently edited my Profile as I was giving away too much personal information and when I first joined, I set it to Members' Only, so you guys can read it, but not Guests.

Gotta be careful on the internet folks. [/QUOTE]

Agree with that Mollie, my profile isn't for guests to read either.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Sorry to disappoint, Julie, but I'm afraid I detest that programme. Watched the very first one and found the characters entertaining but after that gave up as it seems like a freak show.
But I'll root for Dexter (whoever he is) if you like.
I seem to remember Davina saying long and painful 'Goodbyes' ages ago, saying BB was not going to be on anymore. Then after a while a 'Celebrity BB' came along and since then it seems to be running all the time again. What's going on, have I missed something?
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-08-2013, 10:27 PM

There's a Google Spider on now - Viewing Conversations What conversations? PM's ?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 04:37 AM

No! Nobody can view PMs except the recipient, so don't worry about that. Not even Admin or the Mods can read PMs as they are what they are - Personal Messages.

The Conversations are what members write to each other in their Profiles, just chatting, like a Chat-Room sort of thing, which quite honestly, is another thing which I don't like about on here but, if people set their Profile to Private, then those "Guests" will not be able to read, but Members will so, if you want to chat privately, it should be by PM.

My advice would be for everyone to set their Profiles to a "read only by members" to keep your chats safe from prying eyes, but that's your choice.

Just trying to be helpful folks.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top