Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 03:37 PM

Re: Happy Monday Folk.

Good afternoon all, we had heavy rain earlier now the sun is out and it's nice again. I had a very trying morning concerning a friend of the wife's finger size, she drove me up the wall, it's not a ring she wants it's a horses collar, anyway it's a long story and I'll tell you about it when I get the chance, I have to get out of the house for a bit to unwind, I feel like an overwound grandfather clock.
Have a safe trip home Valice.
Take care folks.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 03:59 PM

So you are trying to tell us that a Cockroach came near you and you danced the Cockroach to kill it
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 04:23 PM

It's been boiling down here by the Solent, a nice cool breeze made it just bearable for me.
I have not noticed very much change in the way of unindigenous pPersons locally, lately, OOPs my grammar has gone to pot. THe Poles have been buying up shops fallen victim to the dire economic state of GB. When I go into LIDILS I can see how the staff havegrown in stature & confidence >I have learnt some POLish & am greeted with frowns when I say GOOD DAY.
Tomorrow I'll type in some phrases, you'll need them sooner than you thin
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 04:46 PM

Fancy greeting you with 'frowns' - bloomin cheek
Just had a thought - did you say the 'right' phrase - did you 'pronounce' correctly - you may have said something 'cheeky' .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 04:48 PM

Just had another thought - did you say it in English or Polish ....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
It's been boiling down here by the Solent, a nice cool breeze made it just bearable for me.
I have not noticed very much change in the way of unindigenous pPersons locally, lately, OOPs my grammar has gone to pot. THe Poles have been buying up shops fallen victim to the dire economic state of GB. When I go into LIDILS I can see how the staff havegrown in stature & confidence >I have learnt some POLish & am greeted with frowns when I say GOOD DAY.
Tomorrow I'll type in some phrases, you'll need them sooner than you thin

Dobry Dena' Robert minyer drug.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do-LyA0ohDs I still can't upload my photos to Photobucket. I go through the whole process but the uploading doesn't complete. Can anyone help? Anyhow, here's a rather wobbly video I took while I was in Italy - I uploaded it to youtube.
Photobucket has been playing silly persons since it changed format yet again

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 08:32 PM

That's strange you mention that Robert, about greeting people. I don't know why some people never acknowledge a greeting, there are five Polish chaps working on a house on our road and when I pass by I always smile wave and shout hello lads, not in Polish by the way, but I thought a smile and a wave were international, they look at me as if I had two heads, I mentioned this to the wife (who always smiles and says hello to people) she says she got the same reaction from the same fellas, different countries and different customs I suppose.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 10:07 PM

Thanks for that UNcle Joe..

My sister in law is POlish, from Krakow & taught me a few phrases. 30 years ago now & I'm pretty rusty now.

"Czy Twoja guma strać za smak na łoża>, jeden?"

Thats right Jem. THey dont welcome us into their shops.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 10:36 PM

Seems these POlish folks have difficulty sussing out Their potential customer base, Fiddle de dee, let um get on with it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top