Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 03:21 AM

Re: Strange!

Originally Posted by Jem ->
We have a pair of wild pigeons (don't know what kind they are) who come and eat all the feed out of the feeder, they are fat and getting fatter, the smaller birds don't get a look in and the dog wont even bark at them to clear them off, he just looks at them then walks away.
The 'bobbing' of their heads must confuse yer dog Jem and he goes away to contemplate as to why ......
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Magpies have been known to attack cats, Arthur. My neighbour's cat was basking in the sun on their shed a couple of years ago when a pair of magpies suddenly descended and started pecking at the cat. Fortunately it wasn't hurt and made a hasty retreat.

Here's a photo I took a few years ago of a magpie approaching another cat on the shed .....

Looks like the same cat Mags, couldn't be the same magpie as well could it?:lol

Robert we too have two wood pidgins, they have been coming back here for years, they make an awful mess, as they sort the seed out to what they like best, they do eat it all up, so they cost me an arm and a leg.
But I love them!
I will try and post you a picture tomorrow night.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Looks like the same cat Mags, couldn't be the same magpie as well could it?:lol

Robert we too have two wood pidgins, they have been coming back here for years, they make an awful mess, as they sort the seed out to what they like best, they do eat it all up, so they cost me an arm and a leg.
But I love them!
I will try and post you a picture tomorrow night.

Arthur matey - feed 'em up real good and you can have pigeon pie!!!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 11:42 AM

The point of a cat hunting is to surprise the mouse or bird he is stalking. They don't just jump at them without working out what, where, how etc.
Pigeons or Magpies are a bigger bird than say a Sparrow so they might think twice about attacking it unless they are the true hunters. Mine have only brought a few birds in over the 11 years I have had them they are not bothered about hunting. They are more bothered about keeping their territory against all the other cats close by. The programme you mentioned Wrinkly was true that there are so many cats together in a small place that's what takes their time up defended their little plot. Or it is around here. In three houses, I have 3 cats, then one dog, then another 3 cats. So 6 cats in three houses.
My three are soft as I brought them up with 6 Guinea pigs and a Rabbit and they even used to lay with them in their cages
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 01:30 PM

Used to have a cat - Felix - he had short legs and large bum. Used to lay amongst the rose bushes and sweet peas that Dragon planted, awaiting any birds that came down to feed on the lawn (Dragon put out bread for them). Unfortunately, with his short legs, when he crouched down and started to wiggle his bum prior to pouncing, he was noticed by the birds and was always too late to catch any of them - one VERY frustrated pussy cat!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 01:51 PM

UJ - 'Strange' that ......I have no sympathy for 'bum-bum' Felix
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 09:11 PM

This is one of the pair which have come for a couple of years.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top