Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 03:36 PM

Re: PUb Quizzes. are they your cup of tea?

Never been on a pub quiz team but I love quizzes.
I like watching Countdown, Eggheads, University Challenge and Mastermind.

Can't believe mobiles are allowed by the quizmaster
Caedmon
Hull, England
Caedmon is male  Caedmon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 03:42 PM

They are not allowed but how can you stop them being used? Rely on a person's integrity? Not in this country, not any more

I failed my Mastermind audition - my brain froze and even the easiest questions eluded me
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 03:48 PM

I didn't like the Countdown set up when Richard Whiteley departed so don't watch it now. I like Pointless, University Challenge, 15 - 1 (wish they'd bring it back), Eggheads and Mastermind. I'm currently into Breakaway and am really enjoying it.
Caedmon
Hull, England
Caedmon is male  Caedmon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 03:52 PM

Where's Breakaway on? I like that one. I was on Countdown with Whiteley. I tried to get a team together for Eggheads but my lot lost their nerve

I like The Chase too.

I was stuffed on Pointless with a question on Salman Rushdie.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Caedmon ->
Where's Breakaway on? I like that one. I was on Countdown with Whiteley. I tried to get a team together for Eggheads but my lot lost their nerve

I like The Chase too.

I was stuffed on Pointless with a question on Salman Rushdie.
Breakaway is on BBC2 4.30-5.15pm.

The Chase is also a favourite, all four Chasers are brilliant!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 04:48 PM

Never seen Pointless or Breakaway but Sandy Toksvig is hosting a new quiz show, can't remember what it is called
I've seen The Chase but not overkeen, nor am I keen on Countdown's Nick Hewer. I could happily watch it with the sound off especially when Giles Brandreth is on
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2012, 08:04 AM

We go to pub quizzes, not as often as we used to do, and no mobile phones are allowed in the room so that people can not cheat. If someone is caught with a mobile phone or the likes they are kicked out of the quiz room.
We do tend to have quiz nights with friends as well, each one taking it in turn to host the night and set the quiz questions.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2012, 09:51 AM

I love quizzes too. I was in a pub team before mobiles were invented and was the only female in a 5 person team. We won the Yorkshire Pub team for GK in 19 something and odd laugh.
I have been on TV quizz shows too. Going for Gold, Sale of the Centuary, Jeopardy, another I cant remember, and This Time Tomorrow in 2008 and I won a 10k holiday to Silverstone to meet David Coulthard and a week in Monte Carlo VIP style at a 5 star hotel. So I was pleased that my memory of remembering odd facts got me somewhere in the end
Love to do it now but would be very annoyed if someone got their mobile out to check on the answers. Called cheating when I was a kid.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2012, 09:54 AM

p.s. Forgot to mention I have just started watching Breakaway and needs a few views to get into it then straight over at 5.15 to watch Pointless which I love.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top