Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2012, 11:58 PM

Re: Music Playing

Originally Posted by plantman ->
My gripe is the unnecessary music played during documentaries, when sometimes you cannot hear what is being said because of it, and other times when the natural background noise of the scene would be complimentary enough in itself...
My Dad often has to miss a programme he wants to see because of this loud and unnecessary music blocking out what someone is saying and there being no subtitles. I tell him that he's definitely not the only one to feel this way. Maybe one day programme makers will heed to our viewing needs
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by LovelyMeerkat ->
My Dad often has to miss a programme he wants to see because of this loud and unnecessary music blocking out what someone is saying and there being no subtitles. I tell him that he's definitely not the only one to feel this way. Maybe one day programme makers will heed to our viewing needs
Helen darlin' - take this opportunity to raise this as a complaint with the BBC's (new) Director General. You never know, it might even work!!!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 02:24 PM

With some of the rubbish that is around today, I prefer the music sometimes, but don't forget the music came first Youtube
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
With some of the rubbish that is around today, I prefer the music sometimes, but don't forget the music came first Youtube
Yes Arthur matey, but NOT during documentaries, and particularly NOT when presenters are talking too!!!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 04:04 PM

I thought Geoff you being old like me would remember, the silent news and documentaries,
Youtube
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 11:35 PM

The wife and I went into a restaurant back in 2006 I think it was and the music was oh so loud. Plus it was "modern music" so that made it even worse.

I asked for it to be turned down but the waiter said it could not.

I got my own back by singing "Burning Love" by Elvis at the top of my voice. Granted that was after a few Scotches but still, it showed people how irritating it is

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top