Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 06:51 PM

Re: Hats.

I wear a knit headband to keep my ears covered in really cold weather, otherwise no hats for me.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 07:42 PM

Love Hats! And really its a good job I do as the old hair is getting towards a spit and polish job.I wont have a comb over jobbie or you have to avoid the lights as it gleams through and blinds everyone so now it is very thin and short.... so Hoorah for hats!
Cageybaby
London, uk
Cageybaby is female  Cageybaby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by HeatherMK ->
Amazing, the number of people that don't like hats. It used to be the norm to wear a hat.
Hi Heather!

I like hats but they don't suit me!
My dad always wore a cap!
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 08:59 PM

I love hats, I've got countless ones in different styles. Love my trilby for some reason I get super service in shops when I wear it, in summer I've always have one on can't stand the sun on my head. In winter they keep me warm, most of your body heat is lost through your head so cover it up. For weddings I love a cheeky fascinator.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 09:10 PM

I hate hats too, the last time I wore a hat was at school and that was only because it was the school rule that hats must be worn to and from the school!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 09:19 PM

I love hats. Before we downsized I had over 30 of them hung up all along the long wall of our hall.
Not many blokes can wear a hat, but they seem to suit me. `Perhaps its because the hats cover some of my face.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 10:24 PM

I hate hats but have towere them in winter under my hood hide them my husband has lots of hats mostey cowboy hats and a cival was cappie and to milarty stile bacmall hats
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I've never been a hat person even in winter, but a friend brought me a stetson type hat back from the States and I wear it in the forest when walking the dogs in the rain. Mrs PM uses her coat hood, but I hate losing my peripheral vision with a hood so the stetson works fine for me, although I must admit I do look ridiculous...
Any chance of a photo with the stetson on barry?
I thought all the Ladies would love hats, I think they look great on them, the sensible hats that is not the mad Ascot types.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 11:01 PM

I like hats but I only have two. One fake fur with matching gloves, bought for me by my daughter, really keeps my head warm. The other is for gardening, with a big purple peak to keep the sun out of my eyes...it comes in handy now that the sun is lower. I'm waiting for the next wedding, 'cos I'd love a fascinator
Hubby has lots, a trilby, a straw trilby, various baseball caps, a camaflouge hat for rain, a woolen one with flaps, he wears them all - one at a time though
Falconer
Lancashire
Falconer is male  Falconer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 03:25 AM

I'm an avid collector, (and wearer), of hat's, and have been for more year's than I care to remember!. During most of the year I wear one of my baseball cap's but, as an active Western Re-enactor I have...(sorry, HAD!)...an extensive collection of Stetson's and other makes of Cowboy hat, (most of which 'grew leg's' during a burglary a coupla year's ago), but my collection is steadily growing again now!.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top