Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 10:38 PM

Re: Frank Bruno

At 54, I'd say he's a bit old to be fighting, his reflexes will be much slower too...... Know what I mean, Arry!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 11:00 PM

Did anyone read the Link, at the end it said .

However, Bruno later said that his agent had been told by the British Boxing Board of Control that it would not accept his application for a licence.

It wasnt about the money , more like him showing what he could still do....
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 11:30 PM

I would hate Bruno to become a laughing stock. I hope that he cant get a licence
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I dont think he will get a license.

I hope not, too. I have no idea if it is because he needs money, or whether because of his changeable mental state, he needs to prove to himself he is still strong and capable.

I don't like boxing, never have done, but I do like Frank Bruno and if he did manage this fight, I don't think it would do him any favours if he lost. I think he's struggle to live it down.
What a pity he can't just be proud of his career and what he achieved, instead of trying to resurrect it.

Two more things come to mind - what is his age now? And also, isn't he on permanent medication for his illness, if so, would that influence his reactions I wonder?

(sorry, asking about his age, just seen he is 54).
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 01:14 AM

I agree with what everybody says. I would hate to see him made a fool of.

Does anybody know how he's made a living since he packed in boxing?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 07:44 AM

He has been refused a licence, just hope he does not ignore this and wiser heads can guide him.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I agree with what everybody says. I would hate to see him made a fool of.

Does anybody know how he's made a living since he packed in boxing?
He's done sportsman's dinner nights.
Not the sort of earnings he became accustomed to.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top