Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 12:55 PM

Re: Good morning Thursday !

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning everyone wet again.

I am having trouble walking Chloe in the field after her leg fell down a rut caused by the tractor , she refuses to move She is such a baby and makes a fuss if a leaf lands on her leg. I don't want to walk through the village in the daylight. I still don't feel great with a bad chesty cough and sore throat. Not a good time to get a bug and I draw suspicious looks if I meet anyone outside and need to speak

I might do some baking today, I have some eggs to use up .

Morning all.
It's getting colder again here.

Meg, I think Chloe and Gertie must be related, as that is exactly how Gert is. She won't move if a leaf or twig gets in her hair too. She took to her bed for three days when she was spayed.

Take good care of yourself with that chest of yours.

I'm inclined to agree with Tabby's comment about so many Virus threads and it might be easier if we lumped them all in one section like we do Christmassy things and Brexit things?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 12:58 PM

Good Morning from Foxy's World......

Managed to get about half the things on the list from Tesco yesterday morning, but potatoes, fresh fish, and beans were sold out. Did manage to get two small bags of 'Minorcan' potatoes, I didn't even know they grew spuds on Minorca....

I had to limp round Tesco yesterday after my big toe came up something rotten. I think I overdid it on Monday, a five mile run and then a four mile walk to the surgery to deliver my prescription. (I took the long way round back home)..

I wasn't sure if I would make this morning's run, but I climbed out of bed at six anyway and laced on the running shoes. It was so painful on the first mile but started to ease a bit as I ran through the wood and out onto the footpath alongside the main road. Still plenty of people going to work in their cars, the buses looked a bit sparse except the school buses full of kids....

Turned down the lane for the last mile and a half and realised I wasn't feeling too bad, so with just a niggle in my toe I crossed the railway line and turned into my street. Same as you Barry, life seemed unaffected and un infected as birds sang in the bushes and dog walkers passed on cheery good mornings. With only two confirmed reports of Covid19 in the Doncaster area I wondered what were the chances of bumping in to one of them down this deserted lane....

Does anyone actually know anybody who has got the virus....?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Morning all.
It's getting colder again here.

Meg, I think Chloe and Gertie must be related, as that is exactly how Gert is. She won't move if a leaf or twig gets in her hair too. She took to her bed for three days when she was spayed.

Take good care of yourself with that chest of yours.

I'm inclined to agree with Tabby's comment about so many Virus threads and it might be easier if we lumped them all in one section like we do Christmassy things and Brexit things?
Morning Mups....
The trouble is Mups, unlike Brexit, or even Christmas for that matter, the virus is affecting every part of everyone's life, at the moment it's like the elephant in the room, and most of us have to alter our daily routines because of it. I don't think that discussing the virus on these social threads and going into any kind of detail is needed, but it certainly can't be avoided in daily life.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 02:44 PM

A belated ‘Good Morning’ from me on this wet and miserable day.

Managed to get a few jobs done this morning despite several interruptions with phone calls from people asking how we were. It’s comforting to know that people care at times like this.

Almost through our first week of self isolation and I’ve kept myself busy so it hasn’t been too bad. I feel sure we will cope alright, it’s a case of having to, compared to the other option of high risk.

Stay safe everyone.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2020, 04:13 PM

We've decided to self-isolate today and tomorrow but only because the weather is so dreadful. I spent the morning cleaning bathroom walls and floors.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 12:57 AM

I was wrong before - today (Friday) is expected to get to 36° before the southerly change comes but I have got my jobs done early and by the time it gets to 36 I shall be in the air conditioned comfort of my car.

Only a trip to Canberra of about 250km and should take me about 3 hours with a stop on the way, shouldn't be a bad day for driving, it's expressway and cruise control for most of the journey.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top