Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2018, 09:55 AM

Re: will martin lewis win in row with facebook ?

This was taken from Martin's website today:

https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2...977.1525422394
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2018, 11:25 AM

I expressed an interest in one of those sites and got bombarded with phone calls for days . It was then I realised what a scam it was as most had nothing to do with the original advert they just wanted money .
All the callers spoke with a foreign accent.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2018, 12:03 PM

Well done oldfool we all hate scammers. I am afraid I have always called it Fakebook.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2018, 11:37 PM

brilliant sweetie - I doe the same but slightly different. I call it disagracebook.

now the bad news - I scammed you all as this is all fake news and I made the whole thing up. whatching all your comments on how you hate scammers must be really frustrating reading this now lol

better go to bed while I am ahead. good night all.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 08:51 PM

I still use Facebook but, like everyone else, but would never use any of the adverts it hosts. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would do the same, especially after all the publicity about it.

As for the illegal use of Martin's name and image, there should be no problems pursuing that in the courts, which I am sure he is now doing.

The people in charge of Facebook are doing themselves no favours, of course, because the more publicity this creates the fewer people are going to use Facebook.

Although I use Facebook, I wouldn't trust them to sort out any problems. I have a duplicate account which I have asked them to delete. They have ignored anything I have written to their 'help' section. The impression I get is that whoever set up the Facebook software has no real interest in maintaining it properly and is just sitting back taking in the money paid to them by these scammers.

I think the only way this problem is going to be resolved is by the courts shutting down Facebook.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:03 PM

Sorry, if l am off topic but l thought Martin Lewis was brilliant on Question Time the other night.
I was beginning to get bored with Question Time but he certainly made it interesting again!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:07 PM

I've stopped using facebook, it really gets on my pips sometimes and it makes some people paranoid, if I saw some quote I agreed with that I posted, wasn't meant to be aimed at anyone, just a quote I agreed with! some people assume you are talking about them, I mean, come on, we've lots of facebook friends so why would a particular post be aimed at one person, you!!! Some people post awful stuff too like cruelty to animals and I hate that, it really upsets me. So, only this past week I've seriously been thinking of deactivating my account, I really don't like it anymore especially since all this privacy business thats been in the news. I really hope Martin wins his case, how dare they use his name, it's just not on.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sorry, if l am off topic but l thought Martin Lewis was brilliant on Question Time the other night.
I was beginning to get bored with Question Time but he certainly made it interesting again!
Yes, I saw him too, and he does talk a lot of sense.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top