Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:25 PM

Re: no facemasks

Most of the shops we use have installed plastic sheets in front of the till/checkout areas to protect the staff working there.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:26 PM

A few of my colleagues don't have to wear a mask due to health reasons but they do wear a badge which spells it out to concerned customers.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 04:57 PM

Hi

I am still isolating after being in Hospital.

This ends next week.

I will not be a happy womble if I come across those who can wear a facemask but who choose not to.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 05:34 PM

I walked to my local supermarket yesterday accompanied by my little two year old Grandson. I was right at the door when I realised I hadn't brought a mask.... I felt so guilty but I walked back to my house and back again with said mask and the little chap in tow..... it was a long way for a little two year old but he didn't moan.

I wasnt well pleased when a few other shoppers were not wearing a mask though.... in fact I told one of them so
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I walked to my local supermarket yesterday accompanied by my little two year old Grandson. I was right at the door when I realised I hadn't brought a mask.... I felt so guilty but I walked back to my house and back again with said mask and the little chap in tow..... it was a long way for a little two year old but he didn't moan.

I wasnt well pleased when a few other shoppers were not wearing a mask though.... in fact I told one of them so
Hi

Good for you summer.

Unfortunately round here we have a group protesting about having to wear them and they stage protests and deliberately get in your face.

Two year olds are lovely and so funny.

I used to let the Pretendies get some sweets and then pay for them themselves.

They loved it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 07:45 PM

We all do the best we can.

I've now got a favourite mask that means I can breath from underneath, not scientifically proven, but, I don't know, perhaps a lifesaver when amongst the great unwashed. Perhaps I make a big impression on some.

We don't really know how best to lead our lives.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Tess, do you order your repeats online?
I do, and it says to give it - not sure if it's three or four working days - before collection. Don't know how long yours says?

If my pharmacy has been acceptionally busy and it is not done, he will do it straightaway while I wait, but they are very good and obliging there - and they are all masked up even though they stand behind a perspex screen as well.
I just pop my repeat slip in the letterbox, I leave it a few days for it to go across to the pharmacy, a few yards away, then go to collect it, inside Sainsbury's. We can go to an outside window if not shopping. 9 times out of 10 it's not ready. Things seem to be very slack there.
If I'd worked like that for Boots or Lloyds in my day I wouldn't have had a job for long.
On Thursdays at one pharmacy I worked in we would get 500 items to do for the care homes, all done, finished and ready for collection. It seems standards are slipping.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->

I hang one on the front door handle so that I don't forget to take it.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 08:35 PM

I sort of fall in the middle ground concerning masks. I don't think they're very effective - I read one "expert" saying they only had a 5% chance of stopping an infection - but I wear one anyway. It's to make other people, who may be very nervous, feel a bit more secure and it's to do my civic duty as best I can. After all, it's not an inconvenience to me at all to wear a mask, and good manners to other people cost nothing.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 08:44 PM

I went to get some milk earlier today. I had my mask with me and put it on well before I reached the shop. I was surprised to see that all other customers were wearing one too. Last time I went there, I was one of the few who were.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top