Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 02:03 PM

Re: Can anyone recommend a comfy pillow?

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'd quite happily lie with no pillows at all if I had to.
As it is - I use one pillow - it was from Ikea - nothing special but comfortable for me.

I frequently sleep flat if my neck is playing up, Carol. Only thing is, I can only do that if I lay on my back, I have to keep the pillow next to the bed so I can reach it if I want to turn on my side. I seem to stay in one position for most of the night though.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
I have had so many different pillows and none of them seem to do what they promise.
I recently paid a good price for a water one but it still isn't comfortable, yet when I go to hotels their pillows are perfect.
I must admit I have never tried a duck and down feather one. Can someone recommend them? I want a pillow that is plumped up and stays plumped up. Most of them tend to flatten after some use.

Maursey... Believe me the best pillow i have ever used and still have to this day is the V shaped pillow, it still has the bounce from when i first bought it when i was pregnant 29 yrs ago... i know what your thinking " It's an Antique " but no i kept it with the pillowcase that i had to buy separately, in a plastic bag and i just use it now and again and it still does the trick. It keeps your head and neck in place and gives you a good night sleep
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Maursey... Believe me the best pillow i have ever used and still have to this day is the V shaped pillow, it still has the bounce from when i first bought it when i was pregnant 29 yrs ago... i know what your thinking " It's an Antique " but no i kept it with the pillowcase that i had to buy separately, in a plastic bag and i just use it now and again and it still does the trick. It keeps your head and neck in place and gives you a good night sleep
Does it work though if you have to sleep on one side ?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Does it work though if you have to sleep on one side ?

From what i remember is you do lay a little propped up, as it's if it's hugging you like two arms, and does restrict you turning over on your side. But the feeling is really cosy....
I think really you need to try it by using two pillows of your own and make a V shape towards your head and see what you think? That would be best
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:45 PM

Thanks Suzi - I have to lie on one side and stay there
Cant take any pressure either so maybe not suitable for me
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:50 PM

If and when I have to use an ordinary pillow, I put the pillow on an angle (diagonal) and tuck one end under right my chin, I find this gives my neck more support and it is far more comfortable than lying on a pillow the 'normal' way.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-02-2015, 04:52 PM

I do the same Mags - tucked right under the neck
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I do the same Mags - tucked right under the neck
It definitely helps me Patsy and I hope it gives you some relief too ...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:00 PM

I have Nimbus Luxury microfiber pillows a firm one underneath and a softer one on top. I also have their duvet which is light as a feather.

They are quite pricey but it is worth it when we spend a third of our lives in bed..
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2015, 05:04 PM

Again some good answers. May have a try with out buying yet. Thank you.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top