Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 12:44 PM

Re: Over attentive ?

Never suffered from it in England but India was another matter. For due attention read complete pest-it loses sales.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 12:55 PM

I agree when you want an assistant they are nowhere to be found, I too found Debenhams bad they must be hiding, when you are just browsing oh my god they wont leave you alone. I also walk out.

I find the worst is when you are in a restaurant, just as I put a fork full of food into my mouth......I get asked if the food is ok. I just look at them.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 12:55 PM

Oh Julie

Reminds me of the haberdashery shop that used to be in my high street.

AMAZINGLY useful stuff for sale, including upholstery materials etc. but ... OMG ... the women assistants were shocking. You couldn't even buy a reel of cotton without one or more trying to help choose the colour !!!
They also used to ask questions and offer advice ...

'What are you making ?' *GO AWAY ! * ... *SHUTUP NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS*
*PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE !😂*

'You can't use that heavy cotton in your machine' *OH YES I CAN **** OFF*

It was bizarre.
I found I was having to come up with cunning plans of how to get in and out of there without attracting attention.
Eventually I resorted to getting OH to go there for me ... judging by the number of male shoppers in there I'd say other people did the same.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh Julie

Reminds me of the haberdashery shop that used to be in my high street.

AMAZINGLY useful stuff for sale, including upholstery materials etc. but ... OMG ... the women assistants were shocking. You couldn't even buy a reel of cotton without one or more trying to help choose the colour !!!
They also used to ask questions and offer advice ...

'What are you making ?' *GO AWAY ! * ... *SHUTUP NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS*
*PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE !😂*

'You can't use that heavy cotton in your machine' *OH YES I CAN **** OFF**

It was bizarre.
I found I was having to come up with cunning plans of how to get in and out of there without attracting attention.
Eventually I resorted to getting OH to go there for me ... judging by the number of male shoppers in there I'd say other people did the same.
That reminds me of a similar haberdashers here (now long gone ) where a flock of twittering assistants would descend.
It also had a squeaky door and creaky wooden floor so no chance of creeping in discreetly to choose cotton or trimming in peace
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 01:47 PM

Had a problem in Smith as it was obvious I was being trailed and watched like a shop-lifter. So thought had enough of this , so went around next high isle and ran around it, creeping right up behind the guy. He was peering around the corners looking for me and I just stayed a few inches behind him and followed him.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 04:24 PM

You say go away (words to that effect) or drop dead in your head loudly and with all the force you can muster, then you silently project that thought at the person annoying you..
Practice makes perfect and it works on most over zelous shop assitents and street chuggers/sales persons...

My daughter laughs when I do it and the most determined of chuggers stalls mid sentance.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 04:28 PM

I just put My hand out in front of Me, palm outwards spread fingers and shake My head...works every time ;~)
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 08:22 PM

Why is it that when you want some help there is never an assistant to be seen,but when you want to browse around someone keeps bothering you ? I like to wander around on my own, but to be able to find someone when I need them

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top