Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 02:11 PM

Re: Good Morning Saturday !

It hasn’t felt like Christmas this year to me, it was just a token putting the Christmas tree up. I haven’t been able seen my family.

Now I have just received sad news, my next door neighbour who was admitted to hospital yesterday sadly passed away at 8.00pm last night. Her poor husband is bereft.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It hasn’t felt like Christmas this year to me, it was just a token putting the Christmas tree up. I haven’t been able seen my family.

Now I have just received sad news, my next door neighbour who was admitted to hospital yesterday sadly passed away at 8.00pm last night. Her poor husband is bereft.
So sorry to hear this Mags.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:25 PM

Oh Mags, how terribly heartbreaking for your neighbor. I hope he has plenty of families and friends who can be there for him.

I hope everyone's day is coming along nicely.

The skies have parted after a wet cold front moved through, which us dismantling and storing the Christmas decor. As I pack away, I often wonder what things will be like next time I see the tree and all the decorations. I sure couldn't have anticipated what 202O had in store!

Have a lovely afternoon.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:57 PM

So sorry to hear that Mags. Was he allowed to see his wife before she died? And were they married a long time? Mrs Fox and me will die at home rather than one of us pass away alone. I want to be there to hold her hand, and she mine when that fateful day arrives. It must be devastating to lose your life's partner and to not even be allowed to be there at their end..... Some things are bigger than Covid in my opinion....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh Mags, how terribly heartbreaking for your neighbor. I hope he has plenty of families and friends who can be there for him.

I hope everyone's day is coming along nicely.

The skies have parted after a wet cold front moved through, which us dismantling and storing the Christmas decor. As I pack away, I often wonder what things will be like next time I see the tree and all the decorations. I sure couldn't have anticipated what 202O had in store!

Have a lovely afternoon.
I know what you mean Surfer....And hope that we will still be here to even see the tree next year.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So sorry to hear that Mags. Was he allowed to see his wife before she died? And were they married a long time? Mrs Fox and me will die at home rather than one of us pass away alone. I want to be there to hold her hand, and she mine when that fateful day arrives. It must be devastating to lose your life's partner and to not even be allowed to be there at their end..... Some things are bigger than Covid in my opinion....
Thank you Bob, her husband, two sons, and daughter (who had raced down from Birmingham) were allowed in the hospital to see her and say their goodbyes. They had been married for 56 years.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-01-2021, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thank you Bob, her husband, two sons, and daughter (who had raced down from Birmingham) were allowed in the hospital to see her and say their goodbyes. They had been married for 56 years.
I'm glad to hear that her family was able to be there at the end Mags...56 years is a long time and separation will be extremely hard for the ones left behind......
Mum and Dad were married for over sixty years, and Mum went in the March of 2009, and Dad went in the August. We thought he was coping well....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top