Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 09:57 AM

Re: Good Morning, Saturday, 21st May

Morning everyone, it's actually brightening up a bit here, but for how long it will last is anyone's guess, hope you all have a good one

Barry, hope Alfie is gonna be OK
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 10:13 AM

Hi again everyone, just back from the vet hospital who gave Alfie the all clear after his rat poison misadventure.

The rat block was in fact put down by a neighbour close to his fence, but Alfie managed to paw it through a small gap somehow and wolfed it straight down. Luckily I saw him eating something and noticed the blue crumbs, so we rushed him straight to the vet who dropped everything to immediately give Alfie an injection to make him vomit, which he did straight away and luckily brought the whole of the poison back up which actually saved it from being ingested. After spending the rest of the day being rehydrated on a drip, we picked him back up last night after a very fraught day, but now his blood clotting test showed to be within normal limits then all's well that ends well I guess.

Alfie sends his thanks and a couple of yaps for your concern.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Hi again everyone, just back from the vet hospital who gave Alfie the all clear after his rat poison misadventure.

The rat block was in fact put down by a neighbour close to his fence, but Alfie managed to paw it through a small gap somehow and wolfed it straight down. Luckily I saw him eating something and noticed the blue crumbs, so we rushed him straight to the vet who dropped everything to immediately give Alfie an injection to make him vomit, which he did straight away and luckily brought the whole of the poison back up which actually saved it from being ingested. After spending the rest of the day being rehydrated on a drip, we picked him back up last night after a very fraught day, but now his blood clotting test showed to be within normal limits then all's well that ends well I guess.

Whew..... heart in mouth stuff Barry .
I wish people would consider pets as well as the wildlife when putting poison down and put it inside something as the pest people do.

Alfie is such a little sweetheart, I am so relieved to hear he is ok .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 11:11 AM

Good morning all.
Today would be my late husband's birthday, so I'm feeling a bit odd and missing his laid back, but focussed personality. I can hear his voice in my head ... it's nice

Nothing planned for today except that I have tobacco and tin of cigarette stuff to return to a friend who left them at the pub last night !

No I don't smoke
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 11:18 AM

Good morning
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 02:23 PM

Good morning, folks. Sunny and warming up here on the southcoast of Mass., US. Looks to be a decent day. Included a pic of our daughter's revised fishpond. She and her husband "dismantled" the previous pond and created this new version.

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

So glad to hear Alfie is okay. Surely your neighbour should be putting those poison blocks in the special box traps for them, the ones the rats get in but cats and dogs can't.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 03:05 PM

What a relief he's doing ok! And you reacted very quickly in seeing him go for the poison and then stopping him. Hope he continues to recover with no further ill effects.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Whew..... heart in mouth stuff Barry .
I wish people would consider pets as well as the wildlife when putting poison down and put it inside something as the pest people do.

Alfie is such a little sweetheart, I am so relieved to hear he is ok .
Originally Posted by clumsy ->
So glad to hear Alfie is okay. Surely your neighbour should be putting those poison blocks in the special box traps for them, the ones the rats get in but cats and dogs can't.
Mark my words my neighbour will be more careful in the future, he was distraught when I told him of his ridiculous act, and rightly so too.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 03:32 PM

Thank God Barry Alfie is going to be ok. You must have had your heart in your mouth getting to the vet in time. Thank heavens you did. Glad your neighbour learned a lesson.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top