Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 11:13 AM

Re: Which holiday destination did you most dislike?

Lanzarote , went once and absolutely hated it .
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I know I am weird, but when we visited Cornwall for the first time, many years ago, I found it really creepy, I have no idea why. My husband and kids liked the county, so went without me in future, which was absolutely fine by me.

Perhaps you were influenced by the book
"The siege of Trencher's Farm" set in Cornwall.
Later to become the film "Straw Dogs"
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 11:20 AM

Cuba.
Ran out of food, fruit juices and mixers diluted.
Permanent angling for tips, political agendas.
Mossies the size of cats. No tea / coffee facilities in the room.
Aggressive begging in the streets.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Anglesey, I just don't get on with the place.
It's a nowhere place, everywhere you go you feel like you've never left the previous place...it's so repetitive.
The worst place we have been to also. The weather was dire, it was August. It was foggy, continual drizzle, the hotel was horrible, the staff were very unfriendly. We had booked for a week, stayed two days and left. It took us quite some time to leave, the signposts always seemed to lead us back to where we started. Not somewhere I would want to visit again.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 11:32 AM

Providing the accommodation is reasonable, I enjoy every holiday. I always feel it is down you yourself to find what entertains you and have never found a place that
doesn't have some things to interest me.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 11:48 AM

Ilfracombe, North Devon. It was creepy, run down & not a friendly feeling at all. My friend whom I went with said the same. Of course this was years ago, it might be better now.
I didn't like that town at all. Yet I love Devon.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 12:22 PM

Malta. It was a long time ago and rained constantly. It's what I call a very grey place, buildings all the same colour, very few flowers or greenery. I wasn't well which didn't help and was glad to get home.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Ilfracombe, North Devon. It was creepy, run down & not a friendly feeling at all. My friend whom I went with said the same. Of course this was years ago, it might be better now.
I didn't like that town at all. Yet I love Devon.
I, too, have felt this pain. We went about twenty five years ago, never again.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Maybe because

From goulies and ghosties and long legged beasties may the good lord deliver us.

More than likely you have been told as a child about smugglers and highwaymen and he like.

One of my ancesters on my mothers side was te last person to be hanged in the Launceston Assizes (law courts) called "Mad Mick" That used to be the capital of Cornwall in days gone past
Smugglers and highwaymen wouldn't have worried me in the least, besides which, I doubt Cornwall was ever mentioned when I was a kid, I don't think my parents ever visited the county. I have no idea why I didn't like the place I can't work it out. As I am not keen on holidays anyway, no holiday destination fills me with joy, but Cornwall was the worst.

One of my children and family are going to Mexico for their hols this year, goodness knows what the attraction is!!!!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
I, too, have felt this pain. We went about twenty five years ago, never again.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who hated it, thanks.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top