Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2011, 07:59 AM

Re: Talking Bikes

Originally Posted by plantman ->

Crikey AB, you are the first bloke that I ever heard bragging about doing the ton on a Lambretta, what on earth had you got under the seat?

As teenage bikers we all said that we'd done the ton on our bikes, but in reality I doubt they would have done that speed even if you drove over a cliff..

And a wheelie on a square four, that would be a sight to behold, with around 45 horses versus 500lb in weight, it sounds more like a circus act than a bike ride...

Apart from removing a few parts, I skimmed the head down, bore the cylinder out to fit a larger piston, new valves and springs, put a larger bore exhaust, new carb and used a special mixture of fuel added top the two stroke fuel. The power went from 4bhp to above 10 bhp according to a friends rolling road machine.
Lots of power but high fuel consumption, about 27 to the gallon.
I actually went to Gretna Green on it from Blackburn, on the way back it overheated and I walked up shap road ( A6 )with the throttle wide open instead of pushing it.

Free wheeled down the other side and cooled the engine so that I could ride it home. The problem was the mag, it kept jumping out of sync.

I sold it for £20 and a week later the engine blew in a fantastic fashion, part of it was found over 100yards away.

The wheelie was not intentional, it was my B.I.L bike and I persuaded him to let me have a ride, I did'nt know the power of the square four.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2011, 12:10 PM

Re: Talking Bikes

Well now Bob, if you put it like that then I have to agree.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top