Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 09:05 PM

Re: Separate Beds ??

Darby & Joan have had separate beds and rooms for a few years. Not from choice but Joan suffers from Sleep Apnoea which obviously wakes her several times every night and that in turn wakes me. She then either puts the light on to read or goes and makes herself a tea. Not ideal for most couples but we adapted to it and now it works for us.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 09:32 PM

We've always slept together since we were married, she snores sometimes, and I toss around a bit, but we're well used to that now.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
We've always slept together since we were married, she snores sometimes, and I toss around a bit, but we're well used to that now.
That's good, Jem 'tis the way it should be IMO

Our partners' individual, even if annoying to the extent that WE want to KILL, idiosyncrasies do become somewhat endearing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 09:48 PM

I don't personally like the idea of separate beds but I do sometimes creep downstairs and sleep on the sofa when it's very hot weather.

Reminds me of The first time I slept with someone (actually slept), she moved in the night and scared the life out of me, I was so used to sleeping on my own.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't personally like the idea of separate beds but I do sometimes creep downstairs and sleep on the sofa when it's very hot weather.

Reminds me of The first time I slept with someone (actually slept), she moved in the night and scared the life out of me, I was so used to sleeping on my own.

If I woke up and found a man in my bed, I would jump out of my skin.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
If I woke up and found a man in my bed, I would jump out of my skin.
So would I.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 10:02 PM

Always slept in same bed together although when our son was little if he was I'll one of us would go and sleep in his bed (usually me)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
But you are Northern JBR , you would have the fan running at lowest speed, Would be natural to you , cost wise
You have different rules.
Go on, be a devil and put the fan up to high speed[blow the cost of the electric.]Have a bit of comfort , you and Mrs JBR deserve it , at your time of life.
No, you miss the point. If it were on high speed it would be too cold, even for a backward Northerner. Nowt to do with the cost.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 10:52 PM

We've always slept in the same bed and neither of us would want it any other way. We keep each other warm in winter and when its hot we turn the fan on.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Always slept in same bed together although when our son was little if he was I'll one of us would go and sleep in his bed (usually me)
Unusual Primus
In my life it was always me..
And then the following day my husband would offer to stay off to look after our child...
Whilst I went in to work for big bucks, knackered...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top