Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 11:06 AM

Re: New car

Originally Posted by DerekP ->
Exciting times, Carol. Bet you can't wait till Thursday.

My Renault hasn't got an ignition key. It hasn't got a traditional handbrake either which was very strange getting used to. The brake is automatically applied when you turn off the ignition and you simply pull a small lever on the dashboard to apply the brake when the engine is running.
My Son has an Audi which seems to do just about everything without the help of the driver, it scares me ..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Most other cars come equippd with
loads of useless gadgets that I would never use - I mean what the hell is 'bluetooth' - if not some disease of the teeth?
I must admit - I wasn't bothered about Bluetooth but I've got it whether I like it or not. It just comes as standard with the top of range models.

I did, however want temperature control (better than air con according to the salesman) and the parking sensors will be very useful to me. (I'm not a brilliant parker) I think it has sat nav too which we've never bothered with before (Good old AA route planner) but I'm sure it will come in useful.

I honestly don't know about the spare wheel - never thought to ask.
I'll let you know more on Thursday.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 11:26 AM

These girls seem to like it.

You can get LOADS of suitcases in it by the looks of it too ...

carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 11:37 AM

Thank you Mark. That was interesting.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 12:41 PM

Returning from Manchester on the M6 a couple of weeks ago, I was doing 75-80mph in the middle lane overtaking a lorry, a Nissan Micra came past me in the outside lane, doing about 95 mph, I could not believe my eyes, I thought to myself "that is obviously stolen".
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 07:20 PM

Carol, I wish you lots of wonderful mileage and journeys in your new car

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 07:49 PM

I wish you every happiness with your new car! I love my Micra, having had the new design from its beginning.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 07:59 PM

Carol, I have a Toyota Aygo. A small car like the Micra. For me alone. I love it. It's so cheap to run. To hell with powerful cars, I've no need for one. Been there, done that, and bought the t shirt. You'll have bought the car that suits you. With all the fancy bits! Bet Thursday can't come quick enough
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

01-05-2015, 01:05 PM

I've been for my first drive in it this morning to Tesco's. It's a nippy little thing. I think I'm going to love it.

Here I am loading the shopping.

Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 01:35 PM

Don't want to scare you but......
Back in Hampshire, our next door neighbour was a driving instructor who used a Nissan Micra. Our street was on a slope- he was at the top and ours was next downhill. One day we heard a crunch. He had left his car in neutral, the handbrake slipped and it ran into the back of Mrs. Grumbles Volvo.

The upshot was that the Volvo suffered no damage, but the Micra had to go to a garage and be straightened out on a jig. This wasn't his only misfortune. His next car was also a Micra and this time it was his son who left it in neutral. This time, it turned across the road and through a neighbour's fence! Back to the garage.

The moral is... Always apply the handbrake properly and leave the car in gear.... And choose your driving instructor carefully.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top