Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 01:06 PM

Re: Does It Hurt You If Someone Doesn’t Ring Or Text You Back?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Well? Does it hurt you, annoy you, or doesn’t it bother you if someone doesn’t ring or texts you back?
That entirely depends on who it is im waiting on hearing from Art
If its a business who says they will ring me back then I dont hold my breath as 9 times out of 10 they dont bother, but I always chase them up and I always ask the persons name who says they will call me back so I know who to complain about should it get to that stage.

If its family its usually me doing the ringing round anyway but it does annoy and hurt me that they cant just give me a 30 second call to see if im ok for a change.

As for txts It doesnt bother me as a rule because someone will txt when they get the chance and vice versa...
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 01:17 PM

I don't get hurt by it but if I need a quick response I'm sometimes a little annoyed. My middle brother is THE worst at reading messages on his phone but I don't take it personally.

Actually this has just reminded me of something that I'm a bit concerned about. My daughter stays at her boyfriend's house fof 4 nights a week most of the time now. She was home last night as he trains for two separate football teams on a Tuesday evening. In the hour he has free inbetween the two sessions she texts him constantly. And on a Thursday (band practice) she is on the phone to him when he finishes.
I asked her about it last night as she was chatting one minute then became completely distracted by texts. She told me that unless she is in contact with him, he accuses her of ignoring him, being in touch with other guys, even BEING with other guys.
I don't think it's healthy. It was my ex's jealousy/controlling /emotional bullying that tore the relationship apart in the end. We were very happy a lot of the time but in the end (especially as the children were older) I decided enough was enough. It's like watching history repeat itself.
I'm a bit worried about her but I have no idea what I can do about it. She seems very happy and he is a lovely guy...( I think!)
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 01:19 PM

It would annoy me as I'd imagine that they think their time is more precious than mines. I have to be honest and say I've heard back from most people.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I don't get hurt by it but if I need a quick response I'm sometimes a little annoyed. My middle brother is THE worst at reading messages on his phone but I don't take it personally.

Actually this has just reminded me of something that I'm a bit concerned about. My daughter stays at her boyfriend's house fof 4 nights a week most of the time now. She was home last night as he trains for two separate football teams on a Tuesday evening. In the hour he has free inbetween the two sessions she texts him constantly. And on a Thursday (band practice) she is on the phone to him when he finishes.
I asked her about it last night as she was chatting one minute then became completely distracted by texts. She told me that unless she is in contact with him, he accuses her of ignoring him, being in touch with other guys, even BEING with other guys.
I don't think it's healthy. It was my ex's jealousy/controlling /emotional bullying that tore the relationship apart in the end. We were very happy a lot of the time but in the end (especially as the children were older) I decided enough was enough. It's like watching history repeat itself.
I'm a bit worried about her but I have no idea what I can do about it. She seems very happy and he is a lovely guy...( I think!)
Rhian, I would be tempted to mention that no relationship is worth having, if there isn't trust!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Rhian, I would be tempted to mention that no relationship is worth having, if there isn't trust!
I did say something along those lines to her last night Twink. But then I felt like the biggest hypocrite, as I had clearly thought being with my ex was worth it, especially at the beginning.

ETA: sorry Art I didn't mean to sabotage your thread... back on topic now!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Arty, it doesn't bother me. I don't use the phone as I hate "being a slave to the phone" and I hate being available for people who would like me to drop everything and be available for them.....so.....I use internet for my correspondence. That way, they can reply to me, or me to them, at their convenience.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 02:53 PM

Depending on who it is i.e. family members it does bother me.
I worry .
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 02:59 PM

Nope,doesn't bother Me in the least cos I'm quite guilty of not answering texts/calls right away as My mob' is usually at the bottom of My bag or in a coat pocket,if Anyone wants to get Me urgently the landline's there or e mail...The only Person I know guilty of not answering calls or texts is My Son,but He works different shifts so I don't get on His case about it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 03:00 PM

Yes it blinking well annoys me when my daughter doesn't answer my text message ( I don't text her often ) yet she's always on her phone .

I once sent my two kids a text message telling them "I am still alive "
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yes it blinking well annoys me when my daughter doesn't answer my text message ( I don't text her often ) yet she's always on her phone .

I once sent my two kids a text message telling them "I am still alive "
I just may try that one Susan...or maybe I'll text Him and say "I'm dead"

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top