Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:40 AM

Re: The Christmas tree.

Carol, I agree with what Summer said, and scale it down to a much smaller tree. It's nice to have something pretty to look at after all, but I don't go over the top.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:52 AM

Ive not bothered with decorations for the last 4 yrs , but im thinking of getting the snow flake stickers for the Porch windows or something similar ,
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 12:24 PM

My big tree is a lot of bother. It involves moving furniture about to make room for it. I just don't feel I can be bothered anymore ... Maybe a smaller one is the answer for us...

I've been browsing Amazon. This looks nice & it would stand on my hearth...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...VY4XOEPA&psc=1
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Depends who it's for, Carol (Great Christmas Name!)
Thank you Tedc.

I was a Christmas baby - born on Christmas Eve.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My big tree is a lot of bother. It involves moving furniture about to make room for it. I just don't feel I can be bothered anymore ... Maybe a smaller one is the answer for us...

I've been browsing Amazon. This looks nice & it would stand on my hearth...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...VY4XOEPA&psc=1

I think that's the best idea too, Carol.
Too much hassle for the big one you described.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 01:15 PM

I think the house seems unwelcoming without a tree and a few decorations up at Christmas.
It’s then, l start getting in the Christmas spirit!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Got to have a Christmas Tree, Christmas is still magic and im 78.
We now have a nice 6foot artificial one in the house, two nice sets of lights on it, decorations including one Robin from my childhood. Some decorations around the room. Christmas presents under the Tree, not to be opened until after breakfast.
Then outside we have two small young trees which are now about 4 feet high, one which I planted when we first moved in, besides those two there is one at the bottom of the track that I will cut down , that will go on the patio by the Window, its about 15 feet tall now, each of those will have lights on. The small birds like to warm themselves by the lights the one outside looks fantastic with the lights on if it snows.

Still a child at heart

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top