Join for free
View Poll Results: Are you a Townie or a Country bumkin?
Live in a large city 4 12.50%
Live in a town 3 9.38%
Live in the suburbs 5 15.63%
Live in a country village 10 31.25%
Live by the coast 4 12.50%
Live on a moor 1 3.13%
Live in a forest 4 12.50%
Live on a mountain 1 3.13%
Anywhere - you're a gypsy at heart 0 0%
Wherever anyone will have you! 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 04:57 PM

Re: Town or Country dweller?

I voted a large city but actually we aren't much more than a 20 minute drive away from the countryside...
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 11:01 PM

I live in a large town, but if I had the money I'd be straight back into London. Mind you, it'd have to be Notting Hill, Chelsea, Putney, Wimbledon or similar gentrified area

Seriously, I'm not comfortable without street lights, buses and police sirens I can 'do' the countryside for short periods of time, but only if I know there's the means to quickly get back to civilization!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 11:32 PM

My sentiments exactly, Yola!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 12:46 AM

'None of the above ' I live on the edge of a hamlet with fields all around.

Originally Posted by Yola ->
I live in a large town, but if I had the money I'd be straight back into London. Mind you, it'd have to be Notting Hill, Chelsea, Putney, Wimbledon or similar gentrified area

Seriously, I'm not comfortable without street lights, buses and police sirens I can 'do' the countryside for short periods of time, but only if I know there's the means to quickly get back to civilization!!
Strange how different we all are, I couldn't live in a town or city , I would rather live in a derelict cow shed

I once had to stay in London for a couple of weeks and like Heidi in the story rushed to the highest room in the house to get a glimpse of green
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Yola ->

Ya know if I had country for long, I'm sure I would be screaming for street lights, buses and police sirens. Also the people I'm afraid I would be too lonely and the quiet can be deafening.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2009, 11:27 AM

I clicked on country village but it isn't really a village, it is just out in the sticks!

aleciadream
New Member!
somerset uk
aleciadream is female 

09-12-2009, 09:54 PM

I clicked on country village but its small only one shop and a bar, i love living here but come from the city and if i though it would be the same as when i left i would go home as i still miss the people and have never classed the country as home and never will i dont think .
SLJ 52
New Member!
Swansea, Wales
SLJ 52 is female 

11-12-2009, 12:42 AM

I live just outside a smallish city, on the coast and a 15 minute drive away from country areas. I've always thought of myself as a ''townie'' but I rarely go into the city centre these days, even though it's only 5 minutes away by car.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 11:53 PM

I clicked country village but I live in a very small country town ..but we are only 100 yards away from fields and even more fields
anekico
Liverpool UK
anekico is female  anekico has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2010, 04:38 PM

I live in the middle of Liverpool but would far prefer to be back living in the country.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top