Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 08:22 PM

Re: Apologies

You've got to give vent to it somewhere so it may as well be here.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2015, 11:34 PM

Sometimes real life does get you down so this is the only place to let off steam and its easy to be sucked into the grumpy cycle..

Hope things pick up for you..
Billie
New Member!
London, UK
Billie is female 

15-02-2015, 12:02 AM

One of the 'steps' in AA is to make amends
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 12:07 AM

Don't worry, Steve, we all love you!
I've just taken part in a right doozie of a kerfuffle (wasn't me started it) on a Steampunk page, best thing to come out of it was I said lets go and have a cup of tea! All better now! So it's not just you!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 04:16 AM

I noticed just before Christmas there seemed to be a lot more positive posts. That did seem to change after the New Year, and i do think its a time of year thing that added to all thats going on could well add to the effect.

Still its all part of life so not surprising that sometimes we all get a bit that way and vent our feelings more.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 07:51 AM

Sorry if I came across a bit harsh Steve - you have always had my support
I instantly felt sympathy for your wife here
I never show my true angst to my husband, I just cant put him through that.
I go into the bedroom when I feel tearful, or I will have a talk with him sometimes, but he is always in the front of my mind - I don't want to add more stress, he is already aware of what I go through. So I do put on a 'I can cope' manner for him.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 10:36 AM

Recent research states that more men suffer from 'Grumpy Old Man' syndrome when they hit 70. There are good reasons to believe this to be the case. Seventy is an age when men may become more aware of their own mortality as they see friends and loved ones pass on. They might be struggling with wearisome health problems, and/or feel depressed because they have no aspirations or goals left to attain. 'Grumpy Old Man' syndrome is also and most likely due to the fact that testosterone levels in a 70-year-old are quite probably half the normal levels of a younger man.

So if You're not yet 70 Steve,Your Wife has more grumpiness to look forward to ;~)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 10:41 AM

We all have our off days Steve. Sounds like your wife might have felt a bit stressed too? Sometimes we say things to the ones we love the most. I bet she didn't really mean it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2015, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Recent research states that more men suffer from 'Grumpy Old Man' syndrome when they hit 70. There are good reasons to believe this to be the case. Seventy is an age when men may become more aware of their own mortality as they see friends and loved ones pass on. They might be struggling with wearisome health problems, and/or feel depressed because they have no aspirations or goals left to attain. 'Grumpy Old Man' syndrome is also and most likely due to the fact that testosterone levels in a 70-year-old are quite probably half the normal levels of a younger man.

So if You're not yet 70 Steve,Your Wife has more grumpiness to look forward to ;~)
What about us women - what we have to put up with
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-02-2015, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
We all have our off days Steve. Sounds like your wife might have felt a bit stressed too? Sometimes we say things to the ones we love the most. I bet she didn't really mean it.
I bet she's stressed - I just wish people would think of the positives more - then they could rest easier, I strive to do that - why spend the rest of your life on a downer ....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top