Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 03:05 PM

Re: How will corona virus change the way we live

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I feel sure many employers will also realise it's possible for more employees to work from home, thus saving the need for expensive offices. Just doing that equates to more profits and with what's possibly coming to the economy as a result of this coronavirus any savings will be sought. There are usually business rates on offices so that will mean less income for local councils, I wonder where they will look for that lost income?
If you establish a permanent office in your home you first need planning approval (change of use), then there will be a reduction in your Council Tax charges BUT, you will have to pay Business Rates. Here's a link that explains it better: https://www.freeagent.com/guides/exp...s-use-of-home/
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Neither has mine, still getting my pension like always, since I retired. Guess I & people in the same place as me are the lucky ones.

Other peoples circumstances are different though.
As I am retired, my income hasn't changed at all. My standard of living hasn't changed much, except that I can't spend my extra cash while at home. Online shopping for me is mostly looking, but wanting to feel and see the merchandise before buying, so I don't have to return things.

Food prices will rise some, gasoline prices may stay lower, and because my travel is curtailed, it probably evens itself out.

Other people have overwhelming issues to handle. You are right, we are the lucky ones.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
If you establish a permanent office in your home you first need planning approval (change of use), then there will be a reduction in your Council Tax charges BUT, you will have to pay Business Rates. Here's a link that explains it better: https://www.freeagent.com/guides/exp...s-use-of-home/
Wont that only apply if you register as a company Percy?
If you stay as an employee with all the benefits of that, surely they
cant classify you as a business can they?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Wont that only apply if you register as a company Percy?
If you stay as an employee with all the benefits of that, surely they
cant classify you as a business can they?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
I don't know how the law works in this respect.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top