Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 03:34 PM

Re: Autumn Monday

Hi people; still gloomy and unseasonable here, haven't seen the sun in days. The persistent East wind is hanging tough. A bit after 10:30 and only 17 C (63 F); well at least it's not raining! No news; have ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon (honestly, is there anything you can't buy there?!) that will be coming this week.

Meg, take care of yourself, sorry you're feeling poorly. AB, I love that line about growing old, going to "borrow" it if you don't mind? Mags, how mysterious about the flap!!

Be good to yourself today.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 06:48 PM

Try and keep out of the damp Meg,I know its not easy and try to rest if you can, also a whisky and hot water will get you warm again.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 07:15 PM

I'm a great believer in a nice bowl of home made chicken soup, Meg .....
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 07:44 PM

DM feel free to use any lines that I put up, they are not copyright.

We were always taught to respect out elders and told, with luck you may become one, it is a priviledge to grow old many dont get the chance.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

19-09-2011, 09:30 PM

Thanks, AB, I've changed my signature. But I just don't like "elderly", it's such a pejorative term, whereas "senior citizen" has a much better ring to it. And considering the alternative, I'm glad to be a senior citizen!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Thanks, AB, I've changed my signature. But I just don't like "elderly", it's such a pejorative term, whereas "senior citizen" has a much better ring to it. And considering the alternative, I'm glad to be a senior citizen!
Before the over 60s became "senior citizens" here, Eileen, they were know as "old age pensioners" ...... that's one term that I didn't like.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

19-09-2011, 09:38 PM

Oh Mags, that's even worse!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 09:41 PM

Oh Mags, that's even worse!
It is isn't it ......I remember when my parents were officially OAP's, it sounded like they already had one foot in the grave
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

19-09-2011, 09:46 PM

"Retiree" isn't bad ........
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good afternoon all t'was a chilly, damp morning here although it has improved slightly since.

We had a bit of business to do in town this morning, came home to find the cat flap on the path outside the back door - not sure what happened, either Cassie saw something outside and flew extra fast through the flap after it or we had a feline intruder (catburglar) that was disturbed by Cassie and made a too hasty retreat and ripping the flap off its hinges. OH is currently fitting a new flap!

Meg, I hope your chest infection clears up soon...

Enjoy your day everyone...
I'm a great believer in a nice bowl of home made chicken soup, Meg .....
Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Try and keep out of the damp Meg,I know its not easy and try to rest if you can, also a whisky and hot water will get you warm again.
Thank you all I don't feel too bad this evening I had the soup though not chicken but home made leek

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top