Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 05:44 AM

Re: I've booked...

We have now given up the panto thing hopefully, but we have booked to see Jesus Christ Superstar at our local theatre in November, which we are much looking forward to.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 07:06 AM

I'm with Myrtle...... can't mention the 'C' word until at least November!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 07:14 AM

Christmas is going to be a very sore subject for me this year. I think I'm going to be spending it alone, so trying not to think about it!
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 08:36 AM

My husband won a voucher for a local hotel so we booked to have our Christmas dinner there . Seems awfully early but we wanted to get our choice of time and it's not a huge place .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 08:54 AM

You are organised Carol it is wise to book early for pantos though.

Not sure I will be going again after last year when I went to the panto and the dry ice/ theater smoke caused a bad reaction and I couldn't breath very well and had to sit there and endure it not wanting to spoil things for my family.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Christmas is going to be a very sore subject for me this year. I think I'm going to be spending it alone, so trying not to think about it!
Chin up Jazzi ... you thought that last year and if I remember correctly you did get an invitation
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
We have now given up the panto thing hopefully, but we have booked to see Jesus Christ Superstar at our local theatre in November, which we are much looking forward to.
Enjoy the show Barry.

I think my panto might be at the same theatre. Is it 'The Palace Theatre'?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 02:24 PM

So ... you won't want to know that I have made most of my Christmas cards then ?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Chin up Jazzi ... you thought that last year and if I remember correctly you did get an invitation
Except for one important factor, myrtle. My younger sister, for some reason, hasn't been talking to me since about February! I may have mentioned this.

It is her eldest daughter who gives out the invite, but if her mother is avoiding me, then it is going to be awkward. And as I pointed out to our older sister this afternoon on the phone, will I even get an invite? Older sister and brother made it perfectly clear, just after Mum died, that I would never get an invite to spend Christmas with them (visiting other people, never at home, etc...excuses excuses.)

YS stopped answering my texts, phone calls, doesn't converse on FB, doesn't answer my FB posts, and doesn't even talk to her other siblings (not that she ever has). She wasn't around when I popped back into hospital end April (even though we had spoken briefly about it on the phone and she said afterwards, I'll ring you over the weekend, but never did)

She is indeed a mystery.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 07:52 PM

Families eh !!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top