Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 06:54 PM

Re: Customer Services

It’s as if they don’t want to put themselves out and be helpful.
If there is not an item on the shelf in a supermarket and l ask an assistant, they will look at the space and say, ‘Sorry, we haven’t got any’.
I retort, ..’but there is no label to say it is unavailable’.
‘Oh ok, l will look out the back’.
Next thing, they come back with the items.
Grrrr, why didn’t they look in the first place instead of me having to tell them?
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 06:56 PM

@Realspeed,

I agree mate.
Never judge a book by it's cover.
I'm normally a scruffy sod when I go out and drive a 2007 car - doesn't mean I don't have cash in the bank though, or have to rely on a loan or credit cards..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 06:59 PM

The last numpty I have I think already mentioned about a camera lens less than 7 ft behind the young sales assistant in a camera store who spent at least 15 minutes on a compute looking to see if one was in stock and said they didn't have one. There it was as large as life in the show case
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 07:04 PM

Dunelm profits have taken a bashing this year. They expanded the number of stores in 2016. Since then footfall has declined. So they are now likely to be closing some stores. They have a lot of stuff and are carrying a lot of dead stock that people have no money for in these times of economic uncertainty. They have had two chief execs resign in recent years and that, together with potential store closures won't help staff morale. They have done well but it's difficult to see how they will survive unless they change their business model.

More of this in the future. Customer service is becoming a thing of the past. It will be more of a "don't moan but be grateful we are still here" message from high street shops going forward.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 07:05 PM

My late father was a case in point. He just sold his business which employed 35 people and had the cheque in his pocket on the way to Cornwall. My Mother made him stop at a village bank to pay it in. At the counter was a local country "Gentleman" withdrawing cash.
When it was dads turn the counter assistant gave him a look as if to say what do you want.
He said he wanted to pay in this cheque and the counter assistant almost fainted and called the manager to give personal assistance.

Just goes to show you don't know the wealth of a person by how he dresses
Like me i put on clothes i am comfortable in, I don't even own a suit
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The last numpty I have I think already mentioned about a camera lens less than 7 ft behind the young sales assistant in a camera store who spent at least 15 minutes on a compute looking to see if one was in stock and said they didn't have one. There it was as large as life in the show case
Reminds me of when I was in Curry's once.
An elderly couple were looking at cameras and all the sales guy could say was "the more MP the better!" - no mention of lens or ccd quality etc.

I remember in 2004 having a Sony 3.2mp camera where you could print crystal clear a4 prints - because it had a decent lens and ccd.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

05-08-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Dunelm profits have taken a bashing this year. They expanded the number of stores in 2016. Since then footfall has declined. So they are now likely to be closing some stores. They have a lot of stuff and are carrying a lot of dead stock that people have no money for in these times of economic uncertainty. They have had two chief execs resign in recent years and that, together with potential store closures won't help staff morale. They have done well but it's difficult to see how they will survive unless they change their business model.

More of this in the future. Customer service is becoming a thing of the past. It will be more of a "don't moan but be grateful we are still here" message from high street shops going forward.
Until there are none left directly due to such an attitude?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

05-08-2018, 07:11 PM

i have to applaud our local Curry's for once, true, I was given good advice on getting a new graphics card for my computer and the sales computer tech didn't want to sell me the wrong thing. I got it on their internet site in the end , the right one
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

05-08-2018, 07:15 PM

I knew in advance the old Jessops was closing down as I had a friend who was on the board and he told me. He also said they had "ring fenced" for the future the top bosses that is. I did go into their store in Cannock at the time and thought to myself poor sods you are about to loose your jobs, but I could not tell them
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Until there are none left directly due to such an attitude?
If there are no shops left we will be the ones to suffer. The government should be doing more to support high street retailers and protect our access to real shops.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top